Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a couple of small hawgs in a trap yesterday. A boar and a sow. I had been seeing them on the game cams for a while. It was the little boar closest to the camera and the black one behind him.

Now, check out his hooves. You might even want to blow up the pic above. See how his left rear and right front ankles (if hawgs have ankles) are swollen? Now notice the zip tie on his right rear ankle? I have never seen such. I am sure someone can explain this to me.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Wonder if the swelling was present and burst another tie. Have absolutely no idea why they would be on that. I've seen the same on pets, and its usually a boy testing his ability to apply things where they don't belong. I'd guess this is a grown up version of the same. Was he castrated? Could it have been used to hold him up when they did it?

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I saw the zip tie I new he had been in contact with humans and thought maybe he had been made a barr...but nope.

·
Registered
150 Posts
no animal deserves that. unless he's a democrat ;D

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
Hey, a serial killer has to start 'somewhere", right? Cruel people, who do crap like this to animals can usually, though I can't remember the exact scripture now, end up in the hottest part of Hell! ha.
It could have been someone caught him and he escaped? Who knows. I'm glad you got him though.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
I'm surprise the pig didn't bite it off.

T ??? NY

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Maby a trap that was using zip ties? ??? People do a lot of stupid things for no reason. Their mite be a valid reason for this but it eludes me. I know maby its a deliverance thing. :eek:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Probably trapped or caught by dogs and restrained with zip ties instead of being "hog tied". He may have either gotten away or they missed a zip tie when they released him.

Around here the hog hunters are constantly moving hogs around for various reasons. I don't know if they use zip ties, but it would be quick and easy.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Back in the 60's or early 70's a rancher caught a coyote in a trap decided killing him was to easy so he attached dynamite to him and turned him loose. The coyote ran for cover... the ranchers brand new truck needless to say the rancher walked home. That was in readers digest.
If someone was catch and releasing hogs in a new area he could have got away. Kinda hard to say not knowing :)

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
It makes my ankle hurt just by looking at! But I only castrated one hog, back in FFA, and the "sympathy pains" di me in! :p I had to budidzo (sp?) one bull, and that was a nightmare for us both! ha. I couldn't do what Dr A does, no way!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
bugeye said:
no animal deserves that. unless he's a democrat ;D
Thats funny right there!! ;D

preacher said:
It could have been someone caught him and he escaped?
Thats what I was thinking!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some people tie the feet togather with zip ties probly missed foot and didnt take the time to cut it off. Not only is it illegl to trnsport and release hogs in Texas any way it is wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts