Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone:

Finally I'm a true member of Team 39. I brought home my new 39 rifle last night on a 1,000 Km ride and today I took her to the range. I zeroed her. Here, a couple of photos on my rifle and the targets that show the zeroing process. I used my old Bushnell Banner scope, 3-9x 40mm. I set it up at 3x. Ammo was Geco .22 LR RIFLE lead round nose 2.5g

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed my shooting today.

Warming up: Lower group: First 3 shots @ 11 yards. Upper group: two 3-shot-group @ 11 yds.

Moving out: CORRECTION: one 3-shot-group @ 27 yards and two 3-shot-group @ 55 yards

Zeroed: Two 3-shot-group @ 55 yards. 8) :D 8) :D

I already love this rifle!!! :D

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
K,... dang nice rifle you picked up. Bit of a drive I suspect but man she is purty! I'm still short of a 39A. Too much $$ for the ones on sale around here. BTW, nice shooting there buddy.

Thanks for sharing.

1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Amigo, I'm going to have to fly down there and teach you how to shoot!!! All this fun you are having that BOOK is not getting written . . . . .

Rifle hermosa pero es necesario aprender a disparar el ojo del Toro (Bullseye)
Hasta mañana mi amigo

Rafael

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
That wood sure is beautiful. I wouldn't mind having one either but I haven't found one that won't break the bank.

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Golfbuddy45 said:
Amigo, I'm going to have to fly down there and teach you how to shoot!!! All this fun you are having that BOOK is not getting written . . . . .
Rifle hermosa pero es necesario aprender a disparar el ojo del Toro (Bullseye)
Hasta mañana mi amigo
Rafael
You must be kidding, my good friend Rafael. That 10 circle is the size of a dime and has 5 out of 6 shots in it at 50 meters in dim light conditions. The three targets show the zeroing process, just after installing the scope. If you really can do better than that, you are very welcome to fly down and lecture me any time you want :D. That would be fun. :D And I mean it ;).

Thank you Scott and Sullivan. She is really pretty, much more than I had expected from the pictures the former owner sent to me. I'm truly happy I got her.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hemi1011 said:
That wood sure is beautiful. I wouldn't mind having one either but I haven't found one that won't break the bank.
Well, this one wasn't cheap by any means ($1,075 - real dollars) but I can't be happier. I believe she investment not expense ;).

Cheers

·
Registered
620 Posts
I like that pretty wood! Dont worry about your buddy Rafael, that is jealousy I'm reading in his post ;). Good shooting

wally

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Not to knock your rifle or ability. Try this, get a 1 inch square grid target and make sure it is set up level.May improve your already great groups.
Do some research on your scope and see what the "substention" is, probably 1 inch at 100 yards . Short story is the cross hairs "cover up 1/2 x 1/2 inch of your target at 50 yards. That is a fine group. Your scope appears to be mounted a little high , but OK, lowering it will help at longer distances unless you have a good check weld now. You have a winner. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Very Nice 8) You did Good...pretty rifle that shoots great.. congratulations!

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
I also thought the scope rings are to high but maybe that is how you like them. You said you had a Bushnell scope on there but the one in the picture is a BARSKA. I have several Barska scopes and they are great scopes for the money.

So now lets do something about our 100+ degree Summer weather here in North Carolina and your freezing cold weather you are having in your Winter down there!

They made an ALASKA PIPELINE for oil so why can't we have a WEATHER TRANSFER PIPELINE where you send us some cold air and we send you some HOT AIR!!!

Oh Yes - - - I knew that HOT AIR from this ol' windbag would bring a grin to your face. . . . . . .

Ralph

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
magdump said:
Not to knock your rifle or ability. Try this, get a 1 inch square grid target and make sure it is set up level.May improve your already great groups.
Do some research on your scope and see what the "substention" is, probably 1 inch at 100 yards . Short story is the cross hairs "cover up 1/2 x 1/2 inch of your target at 50 yards. That is a fine group. Your scope appears to be mounted a little high , but OK, lowering it will help at longer distances unless you have a good check weld now. You have a winner. Enjoy!
Great advice, thanks a lot. Lots of room for improvement, no doubt. The groups I got after zeroed were 3/4".
I know the scope is high, and I don't like it, but I just installed what I had on hands. I'm planning to get a Leupold FX 4x 28mm and a lower set up.
Any ways, I did love to shoot this rifle and I'm looking forward to get her to the range again.

Kaweskar

PS: hei GB you're right, I messed up the Bs, the Bushnell is the one I have on my Rem 700. Good catch. As for the heat wave, what about a home swap for the rest of your summer and my winter??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts