Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I stopped in my favorite gun shop and there on the shelf was a Zane Grey commemerative and it is appears to be about 98% or better. I did not find a scratch or nick on it anywhere. The price they had on it was $450 and the S/N is ZG005xx. The shop owner mentioned, almost applogized that it was in .30-30 and said that "if" it had been fired, it was not very much at all. There is no box for it.

I have no dog in this fight so to speak. The shop owners are friends, but I would not and did not miss-represent this Marlin. I know how the good folks on this forum feel about Marlins and I thought possibly someone might be interested in it. The shop is located in Tucson Az and their phone number is (520)290-8599 and the owners are Sandy and Mike.

Azbagger

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks, I just called them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikeflies said:
Thanks, I just called them.
Mikeflies,

Glad I could be of some help. I just hate to see a nice rifle like this not go to somebody with a real appreciation for what it is.

Azbagger

·
Registered
429 Posts
I hope she is a shooter. I am selling a great shooting 336C to get this one :'(. I just made a deal with them and will pick it up on the way home in 2 weeks. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikeflies said:
I hope she is a shooter. I am selling a great shooting 336C to get this one :'(. I just made a deal with them and will pick it up on the way home in 2 weeks. :D
Mikeflies, congratulations on your new Zane Grey Marlin! From the looks of the rifle, you may be the first to have shot this rifle. It is that clean. I hope you are happy with it.

Azbagger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts