Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you seasoned collectors tell me about this rifle, which I think had a very limited production, but doesn't seem to command much, if any, collector interest.

Am I missing something? Isn't this one of only a few Marlin commemoratives, unlike the flood of Winchester 94s? Shouldn't it then command a premium? Why doesn't it?

Anybody here have one and mind sharing what they paid for it and in what condition? Or perhaps you seen one and recall the price?

Have a lead on one, but sort of concerned that some of the gun value books don't think too highly of it. One said that unless it is unfired, NIB, it has no greater value than a regular Marlin 336.

Appreciate any and all comments, especially of the most frank variety as I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks,
lazer

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lazer
They made 10,000 of the 336 zane grey century,my book list it at $450 nib. and in good condition it list at $225.
The 22 inch octagonal barrel and the medallion that is inlaid in the receiver is really the only thing that is different from the 336A.
My father-in-law has one he got at a local pawn shop for $300. He likes it a lot,but personaly I wouldn't want to put any more than that in it.
Just my two cents worth.....

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
They're not worth a whole lot, even NIB. I am just getting ready to sell 3 for a close friend. One NIB, and two like new. I hope to get $400 for the NIB, and maybe $250 for the like new ZG's.

·
Banned
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MM93:

Thanks for the assessment, which was about what I figured based on some other sources.

Please see email that I have sent you. Let me know. Thanks,

lazer

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Better send it again. As of this time I haven't gotten any email.

·
Registered
189 Posts
mm93,

I sent you an e-mail about the Zane Greys you have for sale. Pistol grip, short magazine, or straight grip and full length tube??

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
OK fellas, please no more emails. The guns are under contract on consignment, and I can't sell them on this site. I really do appreciate all the interest. There will be about 80 Marlins listed when all is said and done.
This is the estate of a very advanced Marlin collector, and dear friend. I just didn't have the fortitude to handle it myself, knowing I needed to get his wife the most for these guns. I hope you understand.
I will be handling the sale of all his Marlin accessories, and parts, but too early to list here.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/auctions(1).aspx?&ad=jackthedog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts