Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents . . .

I'm about to get an 1895 Century Ltd in 45-70 w/ half round-half oct bbl and fancy wood along with the French Greyed receiver w/ engraving.

Would it be worth the torture to NOT shoot it? I am leaning towards shooting it unless I hear differently from your collective expertise.

The price is $500 NIB w/ papers.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance ! ! !

Tony

·
Registered
496 Posts
That is a fantastic price. They are going for at least twice that amount. Shooting it is up to you. Parley

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I've been looking hard at them, and they have all been running right around $1,000, even some that have been shot a little.
As to whether to shoot or not. I'm the wrong guy to ask, as I recently bought a 1894 Century Ltd. and I'm still debating the same question? I specifically bought it to shoot, but can't decide. Shoot or don't shoot? I think they'd be great to shoot, but just need to work up the courage to pull the trigger!

·
Registered
397 Posts
My thoughts are I wish I knew that guy and had $500 in my pocket.........

WB

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
No kidding, that's $250 less than the cheapest one I ever saw, and the one for $750 was in 1995!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Capebuff,

When I was buying my 1895 Cowboy, mm93 suggested that I look for one of those CLTd's. I didn't really know what he was talking about until I saw your picture. That rifle is BEAUTIFUL! I'd buy that in a heartbeat, what a steal. There is no way I could NOT shoot that rifle. Within 10 minutes of getting that beauty home there would be lead clanging steel!

Buy it and report how it shoots!

Geoff

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I agree. Buy it pronto before the guy changes his mind. I would not be able to prevent myself from shooting it. My 1894D in 44-40 is one of my more accurate rifles. I've had guys say I was nuts for shooting it due to the 325 production, but what good are they if ya can't shoot them? About the only thing I wouldn't shoot would be something like a Midas grade Browning with the gold inlays. Boy, howdy, you wouldn't want one of THOSE to fall out! :shock: SW

·
Registered
63 Posts
shoot it! i've used mine a lot; fitted with tang sight; it has gone on float trips, shot caribou, and had a fine time; i've taken good care of it, but it WANTS to go hunting and shooting with you; has beautiful balance and very accurate. that is a great price, i paid 625.00 but that was back in 1997! Enjoy it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts