Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought a Marlin 336RC in 35 Remington off C-List for $240. I liked it, so I came here to research a bit more. It turned out to be from about '58 or '59 and is a great shooter.

"Buy Another One" - "Buy Another One" - "Buy Another One" was all I kept seeing posted.

Well, dang. I picked up another tonight. You guys are a bad influence, or at least my Wallet thinks so... but not my safe.
I grabbed a 30AW in 30-30 in really great shape for $325. It had a Simmons scope, Sling, and a Box of 170g. It is Marked JM in CT - and is not a Remlin. I have not looked up the year, but the fit and finish are even better than my 336RC.

Just wanted to say thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
It doesn't get any better. So far, in the last 8 months, I've collected (bought) 9 lever Marlins. All JM's of course.
I haven't even gotten to shoot some of them yet.

·
Super Moderator
15,405 Posts
Many moons ago I came here looking for info...got it and more! I was much like you a greenhorn to Marlins and to guns in general, I started to look around and listen....them guns talk ya know! Before I knew it I had 18 firearms to my name and 16 of them are Marlins, from the 3030 up to the 45/70, 5 are 22's 3 semi auto and two bolts, 1 being a magnum 783. You started out great with the 35 and the one above will fit in nicely. ......................................... One more thing, You're going to need a .444 if you really like rocking!! Yep,......I'm one of THOSE guys too and your Welcome!!! :biggrin: Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Yep were bad, now i suggest you get maybe "just one more", than you'll be set, until you find the next!!! :biggrin:

CARRY oN...

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Ain't Marlinitis a Great Thing to catch!! Welcome to the MO Family and enjoy yourself here. Take care, John.

P.S. You are one of us ''dang Marlin Guys.''

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
They DO talk to you you know. And when they do, you must listen. Congrats on a nice AW. Now, don't forget in addition to the 444, there is the 375, the 1894's and a few others that also need a good home. Welcome to Marlinitis. DP

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
You're in two deep now ... pardon the pun. It's just beginning, the addiction. There is no cure.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
I sure wish my hearing was better...maybe some of those older $240 .35's could speak up a little bit louder! Congratulations on your latest, and welcome from NC

·
Registered
108 Posts
My first Marlin 30 30 was a 30AW that I bought brand new at walmart for $197.00 It has been on countless hunting trips with me and today it is still my favorite gun to take hunting. I have attached a pic of one of my fonder hunts with that gun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
You really need to get an 1894C to add a pistol caliber rifle to your stable! :flute: Yep, one of those guys! John

·
Registered
94 Posts
ya I hear ya, I for one have the bug real bad , The crappy part is I fell in love with the LTD Models
I have bin blessed to collect 2 this year a STP and a 336SS 35 rem . I need a second Job !

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You can't really blame us until you surpass 10 Marlins i your safe!??:flute:

·
Banned
160 Posts
Welcome from SC, yes good o'l Marlinitist. Was looking for a Mossberg 500 12ga last week at a local pawn shop. Found the Mossberg and a 1974 336 35 Rem. JM stamped. Marlin could have been listed NIB Marlin 336 in 35 Rem. Shope keeper just did'nt have the box. Pics posted on Team 35 site. Needless to say, both Mossberg and 35 Marlin went home with me. Left a project rifle Savage 110 DL H long range shooter with Millet scope at pawn shop. Both pawn shop owner and I were happy with exchange :biggrin:.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Marlinitis is very hard on your wallet but terribly fun.

·
Premium Member
13,428 Posts
You have two fine Marlins there, and you got them both at a very good price. And so it goes...........

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to the forums from southern Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yes, the madness begins! I hope you're not looking for an apology from anyone here. All you're going to get is a congratulations, lol!:flute:

Reactions: glockmeister

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
What????? I can't believe no one told you that you NEED a 45-70, there are so many to choose from to. Welcome to Marlinitis, we are all enablers.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts