·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I know for sure your a few fries short of a Happy Meal.. :p ;D

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The taste combos are a delight to the taste buds...Its unreal!

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I am with you on most .. I love Peanut Butter.. Bananna... Miracle Whip on Toast..

Can't do the hot peppers anymore 8)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I had something close to that at some covered dish type party. I'm sure there was jalapeno jelly, ritz crackers and some cheese log thing but I think it was philly cream cheese based. It was REAL good though so I bet I'd like this. I like horseradish a lot!

·
Registered
578 Posts
YIKES!

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The green jelly is pretty mild.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Jake,

Right on the money! Chile pepper jelly is one of God's gifts to outdoor cooking. It goes with ANY meat you can grill, since most grilled food is pretty plain (not the same as real Q), just serve it on the side like a condiment. Ditto on the cheese thing. When I was at school a mild pepper jelly or fruit jelly, crackers and a blue cheese made me a happy camper for lunch or dinner. Pepper jelly also great on your morning toast, muffin or cornbread. Plus it is super easy to make. Some sugar, water, chopped chilies, pectin on a stove and you are there. Make it as cool or hot as you like. You can also add peppers to any fruit jelly recipe, chile heads know how well fruit goes with Habaneros/Scotch bonnets.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
That stuff ain't for me :) My nepew is a macho little banty rooster type. He just got out of the navy, but while he was over in mid east on ship he pulled out a bottle of hot sauce. It's called cannonball or something. He doctored up his plate and several other guys wanted some. I'm not sure they weren't drinking it but several guys ended up getting medical treatment. I know he got in some trouble but I don't know anything much about it.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Funny one me... Having been in the military, I could just imagine getting called onto the carpet and trying to explain why guys had to go to medical because I shared my lunch.

Not a hot sauce story but a hot pepper story. I'm a pretty good cook and pack a heck of a lunch for work most days. Often take a little extra to share with the guys if it's something new. Problem was there was one fella who all but expected to get fed if ya know what I mean. Always innocently asking stuff like "whatcha got there Dave?" knowing I'd usually give him a taste. One day I broke out a little bag of tiny round hot peppers from a Mexican market called "chiltepins". Not sure of the spelling but it's pronounced chill-te-PEENS. I think it's a contraction of chile tepins but not sure.

Anyway, they're pretty hot. When I first started eating them I could only handle one at a time. Now I love to crush up about 3 to 6 of them in a bowl of soup and was doing just that one lunch break when Darrell comes by with his usual question looking for a handout. For some reason when he asked what they were I just calmly said "They're little dried tomatoes. Want some?" Now these things are about the size of a small pea... I didn't think even Darrell would be stupid enough to believe that line of sarcasm. Well, lets just say Darrell must be pretty stupid. He pours some out in his hand, pops them in his mouth and starts to chew. Seconds later, he's in the bathroom spitting and heaving, snot hanging out his nose about 6 inches, drool pouring out of his mouth and rubbing his eyes with fingers that probably had pepper residue on them and everyone standing around laughing. Looked like Marine boot camp when we did our tear gas drill. Then he tries to play it down saying something like "Aw, they aint that hot! My Dad used to grow peppers hotter than that." Guys at work still ask me every once in a while if I've "got any of them little dried tomatoes?"

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys, this snack is not hot. Its the taste that kicks a$$.

Hottest Peppers = Ghost
Hottest raw Horseraddish = A oyster bar in Las Vegas

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Jake I'll take your word for it :) as far as the horse stuff... well it can stay in the pasture :)
Kinda looks like LT is the only taker.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
I like my Jelly to taste like grapes or cherries----guess I'm odd though. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't imagine living life without raw oysters and a snoot of flaming hot raw horseradish that absolutely stops you from breathing.

And for Pete's sake, please try mixing Jack Daniels with Blackberry jelly.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I've had jalapeño jelly with cream cheese on crackers. It's pretty good but I'll stick with my peanut butter and honey on wheat bread as a regular snack.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Jake, have you ever tried the Japanese fireball version of our radish, wasabi. If you want to talk about clearing out your sinuses...

If you like horseradish, the women's magazine, Cosmopolitan, had a recipe a while back to use after a long night and early morning. It was a variation of that AM picker-upper, a Bloody Mary. No need for a recipe. Just add some vodka, horseradish and hot sauce (maybe a squeeze of lime) to your favorite red sauce recipe to serve over pasta. What a great way for the two (or more) of you to wake up!

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts