Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANNA-Well I done it. I got all decked out in my new overalls, plaid shirt, and my new high topped logger boots and went to that big shindig dinner down at the church. I got there in time for the morning service and they all shook my hand and said I was welcome to come in and join'em. I went on in and the only seat I could find was an empty spot next to Becky Sue Birnbaum so i took it. That ole Baptist preacher got up and went to preachin that fire and brimstone sermon and everybody else was really gettin into it and hollerin Amen an what have you. After about an hour and a half he ended the service and thanked the ladies for bringing so much food and eats for the big dinner and said we could eat as soon as it was ready. They was fried chicken, mashed taters, greenbeans, sweet taters, deviled eggs and all kinds of stuff to eat. For dessart they had all different kinds of pie, cobblers, and cake. I finally got full after my 4th. helpin. After the ladies got things cleared away they said they were about ready to start the dance. I went to lookin around to see if they was any purty girls there and right away I spotted Becky over in the corner by herself. Well the band was getting set up so I eased my way over there next to Becky and we began make'n small talk. The band got to goin and I asked Becky if she wanted to dance and she said yes. We got ta dancin and me and her danced tha whole shindig. We took a few breaks and I went an got her some punch several times. The first time I got her punch I snuck in a quart of moonshine and dumped it in that big ole punch bowl. Well as the afternoon wore on everybody was havin a high ole time dancin and drinkin punch even the preacher was feelin good cause it looked to me like he was tryin to do some of that break dancin stuff I saw on the TV. One time he would be standin up and the just fall over and wiggle around on the floor laughing like a crazy man. I turned on my manly charm and I think Becky took a liken to me. Anyway I asked her if she would like to go out on a date with me next Friday night and she said "sure". My problem is ANNA where do I take her. We got the old country diner down at the crossroads or do I take her to the big city about 50 miles away. I am afraid if'n I take her to the big city she'll want to go to one of them sushi bars I have heard about but I ain't eatin no raw fish and I sure ain't eatin no quiche. ANNA what should I do?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Tubby,
Now you could have gone for another 10 years or so and not brought that subject up again. LOL

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw Tubby. Big Mortie lives about 4 hollars down in Possum-Crotch Gulch. I ever catch that rascal raidin my still again I'ma gonna shoot him in the backside with a big old load of rock salt outta my 12ga. I'll fix'im!

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Make sure you grab his basket if he drops it. Its gotta be full of some good eating squills. You might even find some green box in there. :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gurn-I don't use no sissy thutty nuaght six like Mortie. I use one of them manly guns like the Murlin in 45/70. :shock:

·
Registered
670 Posts
date ideas

Nightrain! I can't believe that after sitting in church all morning
listening to the preacher's 'fire & brimstone' sermon, that you
dumped the 'shine in the punch at the social! :shock: I certainly
hope that the only reason Becky said 'yes' was not because you
had plied her with all that tainted punch. If so, you're in trouble,
specially if'n her Maw and Paw found out! Have you talked with
her since?
As far as what to do....with the weather as it's been, I don't think
too much outside stuff would be good. Also, that's a good reason
not to travel too far in case you get snowed and/or iced in; I don't
think her folks would take too kindly to her spendin' the night away
from home with you on your first date! :evil: Since she probably
eats at the Country Diner most of the time when they go out to
eat, don't go there. I bet you're a good cook since you're on your
own so much! Surprise her by cookin' up a mess of something
good that you feel she'd like....a meat dish using deer, squirrel,
rabbit or a non-beef meal of turkey, pheasant or pig. Then cook
up something like macaroni & cheese, blackeye peas cooked with
onion bits and stewed tomatoes on top, fried or stewed squash,
a mess of greens with some hot sauce and some cornbread. Have
your tea and a dessert......mm-mm-mmmmmmmm! You got it
made; they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...
well, women like to eat, too and you'll impress her with vittles
like that, for sure. After supper if the weather's not bad, you could
go for a short walk. Back at the house, put some nice music on
your hi-fi. You could dance a little, or just listen; play cards, board
games, watch tv or just talk. Just make sure you get her home
on time!

Annabelle

·
Registered
719 Posts
yup!

if'in ya really want to impress her, let her shoot some of your marlin rifles.....and if she shoots the 45-70~then she's the woman fer you! :shock:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of wine?

Thanks ANNA for the advice. I will try it out and see what happens. Should I open a bottle of Boones Farm Apple Wine or some of my home made Elderberry Wine to serve with the meal or should I go for broke and get a big ole bottle of Shampain? 8)

·
Registered
670 Posts
SHAMPAIN??

Nightrain......only 2½ more days until the big date! Are you gettin' excited? Or are you nervous? I forgot to tell you to keep your 3-legged dog locked up 'cause that might scare lil' Becky; wait until ya'll are more comfortable with each other before you let her meet your dog.

If I were you, I wouldn't splurge on the shampain yet; besides it doesn't really go well with that type of food. You could try some BF Apple....or what about your moonshine? It worked last time. Just don't go overboard 'cause she may get sick and think it's your cooking causing it!

Annabelle :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts