Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time a very pretty 989 M2 with a Weaver V22A, leather sling and the beloved rear sight for $170, local sale. It's just as pretty on the inside. OTHER daughter says, " Dad, i hate loading magazines, i'd rather have the tube one.", referring to the 60. Ok, i guess i'll have to suffer with this one. BTW, i'm writing this from the doghouse because i'll be living in it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
Same way mine came, but mine was missing the original rear sight. I picked up several 25 Rd pro-mag mags. Pain to load, but you don't have to load as much.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, here in Jersey, detachable mags are limited to 15. I think there's less of a chance to ruin ones fingernails with a tube magazine. One thing their mother has taught me is just play along...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice find, happy shootin'.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice find and a good price too! I'm jealous...:congrats:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice looking rifle, I looked at one of them a couple of days ago, I was going to buy it, but they already had a buyer for it .

$170.00 you got a good buy, they wanted $199.00 for the one I was looking at.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice rifle , great price ! That "vintage" Weaver routinely sells for $40.00-$50.00 alone on ebay . I think you did very well :tee:
Sometimes the doghouse aint so bad ...................

Al

·
Registered
506 Posts
A follow up on my previous post; I went back in the pawn shop where I was looking at the 989m2 and they still had it,
the buyer backed out on the deal and didn't buy it.

Guest who put down a down payment and put it on layaway. They wanted $199.00 for it and I got it for $169.81 + tax out the door $180.00
It is in really good condition, I could only find one little mark on the stock and one little scratch on the trigger guard and the scope groove.
The bluing on the barrel excellent , the inside of the barrel bright and shinny. It also came with three magazines.

·
Banned
651 Posts
NICE FIND!! When you have Marlinitis just make sure your next purchase is heating and cooling that dog house!!:flute: Enjoy that fine rifle and remember the pain of the dog house is momentary but the gun BRINGS PLEASURE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!! Congrats!!:beerglass::beerglass:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.