Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Momma just bought me an 1895M .450 as a father's day/birthday combination gift!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic for 1895gunner.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very nice and congrats!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is a wonderful woman. It was my bro-in-laws rifle. He got it a couple of years ago, shot it twice and put it in the safe. He told my wife that he was gonna get rid of it, but remembered that I fawned over it. She hinted to me if I still liked it. I said "Ummm yeah, why? Next thing I know he delivers it with 2 boxes of Hornady shells. I still can't believe she got him down to $400 for it. Man- what a day!

PS- the see through mounts will disappear shortly!!

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Congrats on the rifle, and the wife! You sir, are a lucky man!!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Lil Bear said:
PS- the see through mounts will disappear shortly!!
Are you sending them to Hal ? ::) ::)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Great woman!
I guess your B.I.L. couldn't handle the recoil? Those ports make it kick no harder than a little two-two!

Congrats!

:D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I haven't. Work has had me bouncing from clinic to clinic over the last month or so, leaving little time to even do chores. I an hoping this weekend will be different if it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lil Bear said:
I an hoping this weekend will be different if it doesn't rain.
Trust me, they work in the rain too (I know. I live in Alaska...).
You oficially have the best of the best in that Beastie!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YeeHaw! I got to shoot the beast today! If you look at the photo, the top 2 (right) are Hornady Leverevolution 325 gr. The lower 2 (still high and right) are Hornady 350gr FP's. Each kind grouped well with its own. I am liking this so far. Oh yeah, this was at 50 yrds. The little hole straight up the line is my nail mark. This was also using iron sights.

MAN you gotta love a 1895M!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes sir. Even though they were a little high, I think what ever I would have hit would ground round. I know the tree has a few large holes in it. ;D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is it about women? I mean, I am very thankful she bought the rifle for me but she has lost her mind. She thinks that now I have the rifle I should shoot it a couple of times and put it in the safe- for good. Wait a minute- it looks good just the way it is, but a little dressing up wouldn't be bad either. You know like a sling, hammer extension, a scope which needs mounted in rings, and scout rail. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Relate it to her in terms she can understand:

'Now honey, it's like when you buy a new dress. You need to accessorize for it - shoes, watch and hand bag. Well, my new rifle is kinda the same. I have my rifle - but I need the proper accessories for it. That would be a sling, scope & rings and a butt cuff.'

Better yet, FIND SOMETHING ON SALE!!! Then you can explain, even though you SPENT $$$, you actually SAVED $$$, because you would have needed to buy these things anyway and they would have cost you more.

Put some $$$ in the 'cash kitty' so you can take her out to a nice dinner or send her away for a 'spa day' - that way she feels spoiled and it was an 'even' deal.

Works like a charm, Brother!

;D ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts