Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Far be it from me to disagree with you Lever Addict. I might have used a Weaver base to get it a bit lower but it looks like the hammer might strike the scope if it were much lower.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Putting a scope on a CowBoy is about like a friend that got hurt when shooing his and wouldn't put a recoil pad on it.

Daaaaaaaaaa? Is it a safe queen or something bought to use.

If it is bought to use, make it usable!!!!!!!!! Up to and including scopes and recoil pads. That is what they were built for, to use.

Way to go lever addict :congrats:

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have to scope my 1895 and my 35 Rem. These guns are too accurate and have too much potential for me to waste with my old eyes. I do have a Model 94 Winchester in 30-30 with a receiver sight and a Rossi 92 in 44 Mag. with Marble's tang sight. These two satisfy my itch for the old time look and i do hunt with them under ideal conditions, i.e. midday, good light and close ranges.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Looks Great!!! Geez how I love them LTD III's... :tee:......... If you "Need" to sell/get rid of it please let me know...!

I wont let it bother me if folk's make fun of me for having a Ltd III scoped, I'll just nod and go about my business ((Makin Big'Ol Holes in Stuff!!)) :flute: ..:biggrin:

Great lookin rig! ..:congrats:

Enjoy.

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Great looking rifle! Can't fault anyone for scoping a rifle. I never scoped a rifle until about 10 years ago, now everything except my Garand and Carbine are scoped (but I don't hunt with them - just bust a lot of caps for fun).

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
45-70 2.jpg Looks fine to me. I really like the octagon barrel. For me the pistol grip is easier with recoil. I messed my Marlin even more based on a bear. Most important for me the Wild West rail for a light, 1.25x4 Leupold scope, recoil pad for the Buffalo Bore heavy rounds, cheek pad and pocket - and the now 16.5 barrel for working in tight spots and handy. The Win has a large peep sight.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Thats a Sharp looking Rifle! I had scopes on my marlin 30-30 and 35 rem awhile back and took them off to do the old fashion/cowboy iron sight hunting! I'm goana leave scopes off all my leverguns for aslong as I can!!! I'm not a Spring Chicken anymore so my Eyes might change my mind eventually! Well heck I use my Ole Savage 308 win(scoped) most of the time hunting so I can continue using my Leverguns(unscoped) for short range and brush hunting also use my 12ga Shotgun's like I always have!!!!

Reactions: lever addict
1 - 20 of 39 Posts