Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

While cleaning out my father-in-law's basement, I ran across an XX Standard 1873 that was non functional. I took it to a local gunsmith for repairs. I noted the serial number as 10367 and am wondering where I can find information on its history.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Lt.Col William Brophy's book on Marlin Firearms is the best reference out there, and has a good section on the original pistols. It may be available in your local library, or can be ordered on line from many sources. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Bill collected Marlin pistols, so he seemed to have a lot more data on them than most other referencesd on Marlins firearms.

·
Super Moderator
15,935 Posts
I have Brophys' book, sure would like to see a pic or two, perhaps I can help you out some. I'm somewhat confused by the post prior to this one, is this a pistol or rifle? Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
mr fixit said:
I have Brophys' book, sure would like to see a pic or two, perhaps I can help you out some. I'm somewhat confused by the post prior to this one, is this a pistol or rifle? Mr fixit
Sorry for the confusion. I saw 1873 and immediately thought Winchester. Im assuming hes talking about a Marlin pistol?

·
Super Moderator
15,935 Posts
Pavelow, I ask because of the post that mentions Marlin pistol and the fact that in the book is a xx and a xxx Standard revolver, in fact the Standard gets mentioned on page 105 and ends on page 118, so there is quite a bit of info there. Mr fixit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts