Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon gents,

I`ve been reading threads on this forum for a while (5-odd years) now, but just joined up today cause I (finally) ran into a problem with my XT rifle after owning it for nigh on 5 years now and putting I don`t know how many rounds through it.

Anyway, yesterday I decided to go shooting since I had the whole Sunday afternoon to myself, and decided I was going to burn through a box of Remington Thunderbolt plinking since its about dirt-cheap. Well, got through about 450 rounds without a problem, then my XT-22TR stopped firing. From looking while cleaning it, it looks like the striker won`t stay in the cocked position (i.e., starting with the bolt closed and handle up with the striker cocked, as I lower the bolt handle to lock the bolt, the striker moves to the safe position). So, when I run the bolt, the striker will cock but not stay cocked when I close and lock the bolt again, if you follow me. The safety`s mechanics are still the same (i.e., if I pull the trigger after running the bolt or lifting and lowering the bolt handle, I cannot move it out of "fire", but can move it to "safe" if I attempt to cock the rifle and do not pull the trigger). If anyone has any ideas on where I should start looking at where the problem lies, I`d greatly appreciate it!

Also, this rifle is my first gun. I started shooting at 15 (about 6 years ago now), so I know a bit about how to shoot, but almost nothing about taking weapons apart, other than my Remington 870 which I bought used and had to completely disassemble it to clean it (looked like the was dirt in that trigger grouping from a decade ago lol). I`m trying to figure out what I should be looking for since I don`t have a working component somewhere, so if I can`t take it apart and know exactly how anything should be put together, if you follow me. I`m fine with messing around with the trigger group, but I don`t want to touch the bolt, if that turns out to be the problem. I`ve seen plenty about how much of a PIA it is to get back together.

Thanks, and apologies for the long post!

-Max

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know what it could be. I just purchased an xt my self. I was wondering if you found out what the problem was and how it was fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts