Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had any experience with mounting a swivel stud on the forend of a XT-22 synthetic stock? I am thinking that I could use a screw in swivel stud but I dont know if the stock is hollow or not. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The stock is hollow but, there is a grid inside with a ridge that runs straight down the middle from end to end. You would have to use a stud that has a backing plate and you would have to grind out some of the grid for it to fit. Someone on here has done this but, I can't remember who? Harris has the stud adapter for this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a swivel stud adapter that came with my bipod. Maybe I would be better using some kind of adheasive and bonding the metal plate with the adapter to the forend. What glue would be best for synthetic to metal? and Do I need to ruff up the part of the synthetic stock I plane to glue it to? What do the great and knowledgeable people her think about this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If the bipod is one where the contact points will match up with the contour of the stock so that you have some good metal to plastic contact over a decent area, then 3M VHB tape will probably work fine. I use it on a lot of things! You can find it at Lowe's. The tape has a red plastic backing that peels off. Just be sure you have everything where you want it when you connect the two pieces!! Once it sets, (it takes about a day to truly bond but, is tough to get off right away!) it's not going anywhere!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts