Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share some of the best results on my visit to the rifle range. I was shooting my Marlin XT 22 w/ BSA Sweet 22 3-9x40 scope.

I shot both Remington GB and CCI Swamp People branded "Choot 'em" Mini-mag HP.

Both are High velocity and 36 gr HP with similar ballistics.

This was the first time I've been able to shoot less than 1.5 MOA at 100 yards. The XT 22 seems like a pretty dependable 1.5 MOA rifle. Both ammo types function flawlessly in the XT-22

Below,

CCI mini mags: 5 rounds 3/4 inches at 50 yards
5 rounds 5/4 inches at 100 yards. (Twice)

Remington GB. 10 rounds at 50 yards 9/8 inches.

The Remington GB 2.25 MOA accuracy is good for plinking and informal shooting practice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mini Mags shoot pretty good in my guns also . If you get a chance try some CCI Standard Velocity or other subsonic ammo and watch those groups get smaller yet .

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mini Mags shoot pretty good in my guns also . If you get a chance try some CCI Standard Velocity or other subsonic ammo and watch those groups get smaller yet .

I have both Mini-mags and SV. It's sort of a toss-up what I grab on my way out the door. The BSA sweet 22 3-9x40 has swappable turrets to adjusts POI according to range. The turret I have on is for 36 gr HV. Hence, I chose the ammo I did. Ironically enough, the only ammo I've tried to group at 100 yards is CCI Mini-mags.

I've actually shot 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards using the CCI SV from my old school Mossberg.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
My .22s shoot the Federal bulk really well but CCI standard velocity has a slight edge in all my .22s

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
My son's Marlin XT-22 likes the Mini-Mags the best too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Minimags are expected to shoot well. I'm gratified how well the RGB shoot for half the price per round. I took 200 rounds to the quarry for some plinking. All rounds function flawlessly if not 100% accurately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts