Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Bought my first Marlin .22LR bolt action rifle a few weeks ago from Sportsmans. Finally took it out to the range today for the first time and immediately the range master stopped me after a few rounds. He said my rifle didn't sound like a "22" and asked to take a look at it. Upon inspection he noticed all of my brass had cracked and bulged cases. Then he shot a few rounds through his chronograph. I was shooting Winchester bulk hollow points and they measured 950-1050 fps. I think they're supposed to be around 1280 fps. I am a complete noob when it comes to rifles, but he said something was wrong with the headspace. Took the rifle back to Sportsmans and they're sending it out to Marlin for repair. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'll keep you updated when I hear back from them. Cheers.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know that the bolts are paired with the guns at the factory. The serial number should be etched on the bolt. Hopefully, it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Bummer. I noticed they have a few versions/calibers of this model, and wonder if they mixed up barrels or something at the factory? Good luck to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts