Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post. About a week ago I went to Gander Mountain to buy a new Savage 22 lr. Picked one out along with a cheap Simmons 3x9 scope. I told the boys to mount the scope and bore sight it. After about an hour they told me they couldn't do it. After a brief discussion I told them to put everything back that I wasn't going to make the purchase. Went home read up on the Marlin XT series .22 lr with the adjustable trigger. Noticed that they had a receiver groove to mount scopes so went back to Gander Mountain picked out the Marlin XT with the walnut stained stalk had them mount the cheap 3x9 Simmons scope as well as bore sight it.

Went to the range, zeroed in at fifty yards and shot 3 five shot groups at 50 yds. using the Marlin Owners Postal Match targets. All three five shot groups were within 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch circles. Am I satisfied? Oh yes. Can't wait to do some fine tuning and practice practice, practice before the big shoot out in Orlando. That was the first 35 lr .22 rounds I've shot in over fifty years.

I am impressed with this little rifle!

Dang

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Dang, glad you like it! ;D Pics please? I'd love some from someone who owns an XT-22. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the rifle!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts