Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Wifey got me a Marlin XT-22TR for Xmas and I love it. I've only been to the range a few times with it, but managed to get it tuned in with the scope she got with it. Shoots great and is very accurate.

Only problem is that I get a very frequent extraction problem. When retracting the bolt after firing, it seems that the casing isn't "grabbed" , thus is left in the chamber. The problem is that I cannot simply slide bolt back forward to try to grab it again. I must empty tube magazine, depress round ready for chambering and pry discharged casing out of camber while holding next round down.

At first, I thought it was shoddy bulk ammo, but I've experienced this on winchester, CCI, and Federal ammo with same frequency. it happens about 3 out of every 15 or so fires.

So, can someone please tell me what to do to fix this? I absolutely love the gun, but this is a pretty frustrating problem and it seems that a brand new gun should not do this. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello I have a XT-22 and the first thing I would do is pull out the bolt and look at the extractor. It is the hooked backward toward the bolt part of the piece of spring steel, the other part of it helps to hold the case and keep it tight up against the extractor side. It might be to wide open/loose. Here are some pictures of mine. With a spent casing in there it can still wiggle a little, but if it can't fall out. If it falls out its too loose. You could get a free replacement from marlin or try to bend it to work properly. We have run 500 rounds through ours with only 1 failure to fire and no failure to extracts. Good luck IMAG0350.jpg IMAG0351.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts