Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You can name that rifle, "Bunnie Be Gone"......

Do them things eat good?.......I love to eat cottontails, but I've never tasted a jack rabbit.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can name that rifle, "Bunnie Be Gone"......

Do them things eat good?.......I love to eat cottontails, but I've never tasted a jack rabbit.....
yeah it's like beef... we've talked about it in a few other threads...

I usually just keep the backstraps and cook them like steak... dogs love the quarters. Right now though they are full of ticks and larvae so I just leave them for the scavengers...

Here's what the backstraps look like...

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
The wabbit kicked the bucket, the wabbit kicked the bucket..........
" Kill the Wabbit????"

"WWWWhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, would you wanna kill the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbit?"

Reactions: kayaknjames

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a job to clean it.Next time bring the 45.70. hit i t below the belly and you got the back straps
haha right... it's not actually bad... normally I use a .22, but even as it was I could take the backstraps without problem and without them being too messed up. He was standing broadside and the bullet went through organs, didn't touch the backs. As far as cleaning I use a gutless method. If I'm just taking the backs I lay the rabbit on it's belly and make a cut down the spine, skin pulls away and you can cut the backstrap right off...

This method below is if I'm going to take the quarters too, this also works for cottontail and deer...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts