Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a tip from Mr. Fixit, I just became the proud owner of an XS7 in 243. I can't believe what you get for $225! A very smooth bolt and a nice trigger as well. Does anyone have any experience with the 243? It will be my double duty gun, coyotes and deer. I think I'm going to order a Cerakote kit from Brownells. Has anyone done this before? Seems like really good stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I can't believe you found one for $225.00. :eek: Great buy for a great rifle. DP

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Yeah, $225 is a great find. Never owned a .243 but I've had a couple of 6mmRem's, still have 1 in handgun form. 95gr Nosler's have work well for me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
otr1952 said:
did he say puttin on creosote? black, sticky and hard to remove. :eek:
PLEASE somebody tell me I misunderstood! ???
He said Cerakote, not creosote, the black tar used on telephone poles. Way different product.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He may be on to something. It should keep the metal nice and tidy underneath the goop! ;D
grout-scout said:
He said Cerakote, not creosote, the black tar used on telephone poles. Way different product.

·
Registered
386 Posts
teacherboy said:
He may be on to something. It should keep the metal nice and tidy underneath the goop! ;D
Here in Texas the feral hogs like to rub on the telephone poles to get the creosote on their hair, so if you do decide to "creosote" your rifle, watch out for attacking hogs! ;D ;D ;D Creosote on a rifle, that's insanely funny.

·
Registered
199 Posts
IN1894SS said:
Yeah, $225 is a great find. Never owned a .243 but I've had a couple of 6mmRem's, still have 1 in handgun form. 95gr Nosler's have work well for me.
An export price is offered to me Marlin XS7S .243Win.-$800

1 - 11 of 11 Posts