Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guide gun came with the XS scout rail (not the full length rail) and I have an extra Nikon prostaff scope on hand now. I was wondering if there is a base I could mount on the rear of the receiver that would work in conjunction with the XS rail on the front. If not I can always just remove the rail.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
As far as I know there is none unless the scope in question is a long eye relief model. The scout rail uses the two forward scope mounting holes on the receiver as its rear mounting point. If your scope requires a conventional mount you will have to remove the scout rail. The only exception may be to mount one piece of a two piece mount set in the rear mounting holes. It may align well enough to allow you to span the gap to the rear of the scout rail. You would have to measure the thickness/height of the two piece part to see if it is the same as the scout rail.

Probably better to just remove the scout rail. Maybe trade it for the longer lever rail and retain the long mount if you have a preference for it. Otherwise, remove the scout rail and sell it here to finance your standard mount purchase. Those scout rails are always in demand.

Reactions: hcdistad
1 - 2 of 2 Posts