Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that team 1894 can help me.

Have fitted an XS Scout Rail with Ghost ring sight on my .357 1894CS.

Ran some loads through it last weekend and shoots high (approx 12-18") at 100yds even with the rear ring wound all the way down.
My sight picture has the top of the front blade in the centre of the peep ring.

My loads are recommended rifle loads pushing 158Gn XTPs so I wouldn't expect them to be super quick or flat.

Is this a common issue or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers Craig

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Taller front sight. Please read our sticky in the Industry Partners forum SKINNER SIGHTS on front sight heights. If you need help please visit our website at www.skinnersights.com or email me from the website.

Andy

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Yep, taller front sights. Got the 94 in 44mag with the ghost ring and a few others with Williams peeps, had to change out the front on all of them. I would like to see someone come out with a lower receiver sight though, so I don't have to go so high with the front blade. Just doesn't look right, could hang up on things and always felt that the sight alignment should be as close to the barrel as possible. Adjustable (for hight) front sights would be cool too.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I cannot shoot my receiver peep until I replace the front sight on my 44 mag. Unfortunately that means that I will have to remove the hood as well. I just can't get used to a front sight bead that is not centered in a hood.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just went through this with my 336BL. I mounted the full rail (with peep sight) and the rifle shot about 11" high.

Email XS Sights and they will work with you on a different front sight.

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Yep, taller front sights. Got the 94 in 44mag with the ghost ring and a few others with Williams peeps, had to change out the front on all of them. I would like to see someone come out with a lower receiver sight though, so I don't have to go so high with the front blade. Just doesn't look right, could hang up on things and always felt that the sight alignment should be as close to the barrel as possible. Adjustable (for hight) front sights would be cool too.
If you have to use the scope mount holes, you'll need the taller front sight. The side mount receiver peeps like the Lyman and Redfield usually don't need any front sight change. Just line up the peep with the rear open sight and it'll be on. I drilled and tapped the econo-1894 for the receiver sight, no big deal.

Stan S.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Since XS supply the Rail, the rear peep AND a the new Front site all in the same kit, you would expect it all to work!

I'll send them an email to see what my options are.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts