Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,156 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, I drove to the store on the Westside for some ammo and when I got there, I found out about the sale.
I've got plenty of rifles, enough for my Hunting needs so, I left without buying one then & there. When I came home I decided to research the firearm and, after seeing all the excellent reviews I woke up early and made the drive the next morning. I was only interested in obtaining a .308 and when I asked for one, I was told they didn't have any more. They looked on the computer and told me their other store had four showing in stock so, I drove there and was able to acquire one. The store was a mad house, people seeking to buy these firearms in all calibers. I would have bought a scope for the rifle seeing as all their scopes were 15% off but, they didn't have any rings for the scope I chose.
I still need to buy a scope and didn't want to make a rushed decision because of the swamped customers clamoring for the salesmen's attention.
If anyone can offer a suggestion for a scope which doesn't cost more than what I paid for this rifle, I would appreciate the input.
So, in short, had it not been for this sale. I wouldn't have joined this forum yesterday.

OH, seeing as there are members from Montana posting, I posted under the Organize Your Hunt / Shoot/ or Get Together section.

I'm Disabled & I drew a Mule Deer Permit for HD 510, which is the Custer national Forest, Pryor Mountains area along the Wyoming border, just east of Bridger.
If anyone is interested, please read my post and contact me. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a trophy xlt. Pretty good scope for the money. Also, a Burris FFII is hard to beat if you can spend a tad more. I found one very lightly used for $100 on another forum and I really like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one of these mounted on my XL7 in .270 and it is a really nice scope for $119.95. Made in Japan and similar to the Weaver Grand Slam. Optically better than the Burris FFII, Nikon Prostaff or Buckmasters, or the Redfield Revolution. MUCH better than a Bushnell Trophy XLT, the only one of the previously listed that I no longer use. It isn't that far behind my Leupold VX-2. Its' only drawback is that it is a little heavier than a Leupold or Redfield, but optically clear and bright and even works well in low light. Can't be beat IMO by anything under $250 or so.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentId=productDetail&prodId=WE94563&green=7c7ebf805-6db3-4843d-2930-52e8d16e1e4e&src=mbHome

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have one of these mounted on my XL7 in .270 and it is a really nice scope for $119.95. Made in Japan and similar to the Weaver Grand Slam. Optically better than the Burris FFII, Nikon Prostaff or Buckmasters, or the Redfield Revolution. MUCH better than a Bushnell Trophy XLT, the only one of the previously listed that I no longer use. It isn't that far behind my Leupold VX-2. Its' only drawback is that it is a little heavier than a Leupold or Redfield, but optically clear and bright and even works well in low light. Can't be beat IMO by anything under $250 or so.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentId=productDetail&prodId=WE94563&green=7c7ebf805-6db3-4843d-2930-52e8d16e1e4e&src=mbHome
Great advice here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts