Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probubly putting this in the wrong place"sorry". Mods. feel free to move :? Here goes, Like other folks with ageing eyes I am trying not to scope my new 336, 30-30 so I order me some of them ghost rings and screw em on. Rear sight screwed all the way down and im about 2 1/2 " high! 1 box 150 rem.s.p., 160 leverevalution and 170 win.s.t. at 50 yards dang! So I call the 800# and talk to a fella named monti. Has me measure distance from front post to rear sight, How high my groups were on the 3 targets I have in hand that I shot at 50yds.Is kinda quiet for a few seconds and Im thinkin "Here we go , how much more is this gonna cost me"? To my supprise ol Monti says- This is what Im gonna do. Im gonna send you a new front sight 50.000 taller than the one you have, take your old one off, screw the new one on , raise your rear sight a turn or so off bottom. Tape yer old one to a piece of cardboard putit in the the stamped envelope im enclosing and send it back to me. As this was 4.30 P.M. Mon. he said it might be along about Fri. before I get it. And to give him a call if I have anymore questions or problems. 10.00A.M wed. morning R.P.S. hands me a box from X.S. :D I haven't shot It yet with new front post. But the moral of the story is This is the way you run a sucessful buisness and have repete customers In my opinion! :lol: Didn't cost me a darn dime extra " shouldn't have" He made it rite very professional and I told him up front that I ordered it from Cabelas not them directly from them. Hats off to you fellas at X.S SIGHT SYSTEMS and MONTIE. We will be ordering directly from them rings for Bud's 444 and new 336-35Rem. :D Just thought I would throw some flowers on some good folks. This is a heckova good sight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey Kerr, I also had problems about a year ago when I purchased an XS ghost ring setup and Monty was awesome to deal with. He and I shipped stuff back and forth about three times, all prepaid at XS's expense and all priority overnight shipping and ALL of it fixed and taken care of in less then a week. That alone will make me look at anything that XS makes first over other manufacturers if it's something that I want or need. You just can't find service and support like that anymore or at least not very often.

·
Registered
326 Posts
A treat to hear!

I agree w/ Leverpuller! This kind of story makes my heart feel good. I just got d***ed around by a gunsmith I thought I could trust on a 10/22 conversion. Long story short; I picked up my parts and the donor gun yesterday after it sat in his shop for an unbelievably long period of time.
I'm gonna be stopping by my local Gander Mtn this Sunday to have them take a stab at it.
Have a great w/e guys!
Billy Boy
:wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like mine!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts