Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, now that we’ve muddled through Black Friday, small business Saturday and into Cyber Monday, what is on your short list for this Christmas? I’m fortunate enough to say that I have about everything I want & certainly more than what I need. That being said there is always the next gadget, firearm, fishing pole that plays over & over in my dreams. For me right now I’m weighing what would be used in retirement more than the rest. I’m probably going to put reloading & cleaning tools & gadgets on my list. What will you be asking for or buying yourself? I’m really looking for ideas here as you guys are way more thoughtful than I am.

1895gunner

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Right now the only thing I want is the wife out of ICU. 12 days is to long.

As for you list, you said you were moving north. Snow shovel north? Or gonna stay in the South

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
as being reminded of whats truly important , I wish us all well , and best wish's to you and your wife myflatline,

CATROCK

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now the only thing I want is the wife out of ICU. 12 days is to long.

As for you list, you said you were moving north. Snow shovel north? Or gonna stay in the South
Northwest Georgia..... and I hope your wife gets out very soon. My wife is in cardialogy now - took her to the emergency room yesterday with chest pain. Had to come home and stay with my MIL who is a bad stroke victim. I DO NOT LIKE NOT BEING THERE. Trying not to dwell on it right now.

A great xmas is everyone having their health.

1895gunner

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
North Georgia might be all right but for me it is to far from the gulf. Can't ever have all the Gear & gadgets we need. The wife and I don't wait for Christmas for our fun stuff, life's to short. She never complains when I bring home a new gun and I don't say anything about her addictions. Works out great
Family is what is the most important and most forgotten gift.

Thanks for the well wishes on the mrs. She's gonna make it just wish we could speed up the waiting.

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Well Scott ...

1. there are Marlin things I could use ... an 1895G ... an 1894 .45 colt (round barrel) ...

2. there are optics I could use ... two more Leupold Rifleman 2-7x33mm scopes ... a range finder ...

3. there are reloading things I could use ... a bunch of Bear Tooth bullets for my .444's , my 45/70, and my .45 colts

4. there are Ruger things I could use ... a Single Six ... a Birds Head gripped .45 colt ...

5. there are Henry things I could use ... a model H001L rifle ... a model H001T Frontier rifle ...

... but I cannot want for anything more than good health for my family and friends. I like where you are retiring to as it's closer to us guys in the west so maybe someday we can share #6 ...

6. I could use a campfire to share with friends ...

·
Premium Member
15,349 Posts
my prayers go out for 1895Gunner and Myflatline and your wives and family

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm a lucky guy & I have everything I could ever want.

My 38-year old daughter-in-law is battling cancer for the second time in her life. My 90-year old mother-in-law is in assisted living & getting more forgetful & weaker every day.

I would like for both these nice ladies to get better.

DRSLYR

·
Contributing Member
11,645 Posts
In the material possessions list I need something a more "tuckable" than my G30S. I love me some Glocks but there are times when something smaller would be nice and right now, this is the front runner:

I'm also very much wishing (hoping) that my future son-in-law likes the work-over I'm doing on his Marlin 15Y and returning to him as a Christmas present.

·
Super Moderator
26,391 Posts
Well, prayers sent to all in need of getting well and for everyone else to remain in good health.

Materially wise I'm in good shape and being a fairly simple fellow I really don't wish for much. Although, #6 is always welcome.

I suppose if the right Marlin 35 REM deluxe crossed my gaze a twinkle in my eye would occur. Or, a 35 REM XLR would have the same affect.

Yep, either of those would make it under the Christmas tree.

Other than that, Christmas is all about being with family and friends, cooking up a fine Christmas meal and serving up hot toddies, sharing stories and creating memorable times together. Then the giving of a nice gift or two to my beautiful and wonderful daughters and grand daughters.... whoops, don't forget the lovely wife! :flute:

Nothing in this world can compare to that.

Jack

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
1.Best health for all.
2. Feds say a 14 inch barrel is just more fun and legalize them. (This is a wish list right?).
2.As for Marlin... Alaska Marlin 1894, octagon 14" barrel, full thread take down 460 S&W in Stainless. Nice factory peep, good recoil pad, trigger job from the new Marlin Performance Shop (this is a wish list), with a hidden from side view small rail for the optional light. Clever swing out recoil pad access to stock storage for some ammo, fire starter and sturdy flat knife. If the 460 is too much, one in 44 magnum.
3.To be able to enjoy my friends for another great year.
4.The return of high quality Marlin levers.
5.Papoose design in 22 magnum using a single stack magazine and 14 inch barrel
6.Another year in Alaska.
7.Anchorage Opera season has another rifle as prop I recognize.
8.Great New Year for all the straight shooters out there.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
1895gunner and Myflatline, prayers sent, and indeed to all for health and happiness.

Well, an 1895 CB would be fine, but really, like so many of you, I am blessed with a wonderful wife and family, what more could you really ask for.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
For the first time in my life as a gun collector (addict), I can honestly say I'm quite content and blessed. Oh, I still browse the used guns at the gun stores and I check Armslist every day, but I have found pretty much everything I've lusted after for the last 20+ years. I rounded up the difficult ones in the last year. Malin 375, 336A (32 WS), 1894CS (357), Ithaca DeerSlayer (20ga), S&W NIB's K-22 & K-38, and a few other fun guns.

I just wish for health and happiness for my fellow MO's. Prayers sent to the above mentioned family members who are battling health problems.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts