Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a buyer back out on GB, I remembered why I like dealing with fellow MO'rs.

Here we have a very nice condition S&W 1006 in 10mm. The gun is built like a TANK and shoots very nicely. While I never thought I'd say this for this platform the Glock 20 is preferable to me. Shipping will be FFL/FFL only where legal. Gun comes with two factory magazines and a pair of hogues.

Cash or trade value @ $800 shipped, trade interests are but aren't limited too +/- Cash:

LTD I/II/III/V
1894SS 44 Mag
1894CP 357 Mag
1894FG or any 41 Mag
32-20 Marlin
Marlin 39A / M / LTD
Any CB rifle *especially* a 38-55
Ruger 'Vaquerito" 32 H&R
Ruger Single Six 32 H&R
Ruger Sheriff 44 Special
Ruger Mid frame 45 convertible
Ruger Birdshead 45
Ruger Commander 1911
Ruger Tang Safety M-77 30-06
S&W 3-4" 686 +
Uberti '73 in 357/45 Colt

·
Banned
556 Posts
Robert,

If you haven't bought the Glock, I highly suggest you evaluate the grip angle before you sell your gem. People talk about grip angle until they are blue in the face but the fact is, when you point your index finger at an object you'll notice its aligned with your wrist. If you have to adjust your POI as you "punch" your weapon into action with a tight grip, you have the wrong gun for SD and wildlife encounters. I thought the G20SF would be preferable to me too.

If I didn't have one for each hand, waistband, and family member...I'd scoop that right up. I did see it on GB.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robert,

If you haven't bought the Glock, I highly suggest you evaluate the grip angle before you sale your gem. People taly about grip angle until they are blue in the face but the fact is, when you point your index finger at an object you'll notice its aligned with your wrist.

If I didn't have one for each hand, waistband, and family member...I'd scoop that right up. I did see it on GB.
I appreciate the words! I bought the 20, before I stumbled on this one. For me it's slightly smaller, lighter, and double the capacity. Plus it is so ugly I don't have to worry about it :biggrin:

While the third gen feels GREAT, the triggers just aren't for me.

Reactions: Deadwood Pike

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
PM sent with trade offer.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Lordy, what have I done? How will I ever feed this thing? Eaglestroker was very generous and offered to send me 50 rounds of ammo after we had already made the deal! Now how can you beat that? I will be looking for some 10mm brass. If anyone has some and wants to trade for some 45 Colt brass give me a shout. Thanks Eaglestroker!

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
The nice thing about that SW, is that if you run out of ammo, it makes a wonderful club. I carried the .40 cal version of that, as a duty weapon.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Man, I would love one of those!

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
The nice thing about that SW, is that if you run out of ammo, it makes a wonderful club.

Andrew
No - that's what a Super Redhawk is for. Kraynky - you're going to love that pistol. I got one when they first came out and it is one of a few I would not part with until I'm dead. For what it's worth 10mm stayed on the shelves thru most of the ammo panic. I shoot and reload PPU. They are kind of plinkers and affordable but then you get the brass and can load em up to real 10mm if you like.

EDIT: For what it's worth check your Cabelas for 10mm. Mine has a 300 round case of HSM for $189. HSM is loaded a little warmer.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Just got the 10mm in today and wasn't expecting the Houge grips and the zipper case to come with it! Cheers to Eaglestroker! LGS has some 10mm in the shelf...........for $40, so it's still there! I haven't bought any loaded ammo ('cept 22's way back when they used to sell them) in quite a while,......I take that back, I bought some 444 ammo for Bertha not long ago. rooterpig is sending some brass I traded for and I found some more on Armslist, so I won't be shooting it right away, but soon. The 1006 looks and feels awesome in my hands, and it does appear to be pretty stout. I think I'm going to like it too HD. Thanks for the Cabelas lead, mines almost 60 miles away, and I'm a spoiled reloader anyways.

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
+1 on the reloading. The 1006 is a tank among light infantry. I know the Delta 10, Glock and Witness crew will chime in but you got the Holy Grail of 10s.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That Third Gen was nice, but this is definitely more my style :) Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.