Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rifle is SPF Thanks everyone for lookin'

OK it's not a Marlin but it is a lever action. :biggrin:
This is a very nice Win. 88 made per my reference material in 1966. I'll let the pics do the description.
It shoots good and cycles as it should. Seems to prefer 165 gr. hornadys.
It's just one of my modest collection that sets in the cabinet a year or two at a time w/o getting used. Caliber is .308W.
I see the prices all over the place on the auction sites but I'm going to leave this one here until Sun. afternoon just to see if there's any interest. I will point out the one obvious flaw on this rifle. You'll notice in pic no. 3 and no. 10 there's a piece of wood missing from the stock by the mag.
By the way the finish appears in the defect I really believe it was like this from the factory. I'm going to ask $650 plus actual shipping and insurance.
Here comes the show:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Beautiful gun but I already spent my tax return. Someone is going to get a nice deal.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thats a good looking rifle!

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its a 52 model and well broken in. Lots of miles and only abused for a couple of years. (70's and 80's) lol Oh yeah, it's BOGO when trading for guns!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I would for sure trade my left kidney! They are taking it out in a couple of weeks anyway. I cannot say it is in as good of shape as the gun though.
Are you sure that missing wood was not done on purpose since the two sides match?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
We see a fair amount of these here in PA. There is a loyal following of Winchester guys who love these. I see them for anywhere from $400 to $800 at shows and shops for the 308 Winchester so your price does not seem out of line.
I hope that you don't regret letting this one go.

Reactions: graymustang

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Bill, ditto your observations on price. This one is a lot like me, it does too much sittin' and not enough huntin':biggrin:
Hopefully it'll find a home to put it to work.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I always liked them a tad more than the Savage 99. If it does not go here soon, I would hang on to it and re-post closer to hunting season.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Savage 99 is a .308, I'd really love to match it with this Winchester! But I guess the doctor bills probably ought to come first. Shouldn't they? Anyway that's one nice rifle, shouldn't have any trouble sellin it.

·
Super Moderator
24,953 Posts
Sent you a PM.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.