Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rifle has been traded.

Up for sale/trade is my excellent Remington 572 Fieldmaster 22 pump. This rifle is in excellent condition with just a few minor blems in the buttstock. In addition, someone, probably the original owner, lightly carved the date 7/7/77 on the lower surface of the buttstock just behind the pistol grip. (see pic) The 572 pump will fire 22 short, long and long rifle. I shot this rifle with the open sights and it grouped nicely. I had planned to scope it so I have not given it a good work out but it appears that it is a very accurate rifle. This is an adult sized 22, with a 21" barrel and a nice solid feel to it. It has the high gloss checked stock as described under the "BDL" listing but does not have a monte-carlo stock.

Cash price is $300.00 FIRM

I am looking for a 22 mag. rifle such as the Ruger American 22. I'm open to most actions and manufacturers, with a decent scope is a plus but not a requirement. I value my Remington at $300.00 which is what I paid for it about a year ago. Trades will be adjusted up or down to the $300.00 price. A rifle with 22 mag ammo would be dandy and I would be willing to exchange 22lr for 22 mag at a fair price for both.

Shipping will be extra and due to the magazine capacity of this rifle be sure you can legally own this in your state. I will ship directly to your FFL so please be sure your FFL will accept shipments from private parties.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I owned one just like that one back in the "70s.They are very accurate and built like a centefire rifle instead of a 22.I Bought it to match my Remington 870 shotgun but I had to let it go during a period of hardtimes, although I did manage to hold on to the 870.

GLWS

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan,

I did the same thing. I have an 870 I bought in 1978 and about two years ago I bought a 760 pump 30-06 and then last year I bought this 572. All three firearms have nearly identical lines and the controls are all located in exactly the same place. I hate to let this third of the trio go but I have other 22's (my favorite is my 39 of course) and I am wanting a 22 mag. Here is a picture of my Rem pump family, I'm a proud papa!

I owned one just like that one back in the "70s.They are very accurate and built like a centefire rifle instead of a 22.I Bought it to match my Remington 870 shotgun but I had to let it go during a period of hardtimes, although I did manage to hold on to the 870.

GLWS

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This rifle has been traded, please lock post. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.