Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SPF- Thanks Everyone.
Posting it here first among those who will appreciate it. Nearly perfect 2007 JM-stamped(Aren't they all?) 336XLR. Low round count. Puts 200gr-RN/Varget loads into 1 1/2" 100yd groups. Rifle with two-piece scope base and rings only; no scope. Only flaw is where a screwdriver slipped. See the pics: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...89&authkey=!AMaFwhOXeX_Gg2s&ithint=folder,jpg
$930 shipped CONUS. Will ship boxed in a soft case from a non-FFL to your FFL. If a CA buyer wants this rifle, I'll sell it under these circumstances: The buyer and I have to close the deal; then the buyer shall have his/her FFL email me ASAP a copy of the FFL licence with shipping instructions that incur no added delay or expense to the seller. Payment by USPS money order only.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You're Killin me!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Excellent trapper candidate. Why no CA sales? Always seems weird. Shipping from a private party to my FFL is fine. I'm out in Ca. I just never understand that when I see it.

·
Super Moderator
24,016 Posts
My FFL will not sell to CA--paperwork is a bear he claims.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Lol so there is no real reason. Man, you're alienating some good folks with money from your sale. This isn't the place for the discussion and I know that. Even though idiots outnumber us by at least 5-1 out here, there are still some great Americans here. Best of luck with the sale on a beatiful rifle.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My FFL will not sell to CA--paperwork is a bear he claims.
Yea it's actually more involved for an FFL to ship to an FFL out here. I beleive they have to purchase another type of license to be able to ship. It's another tax or fee. Yes some balk at it and don't sell to Ca, but You can ship your property from anywhere to my FFL for nothing.

·
Super Moderator
26,596 Posts
I believe the paper work is the same as any other state. I will say what a LGS charges to handle the paper work varies though. Some charge $100 and some $50. But the purchaser pays this. When I purchased both my 308MX and 338MX from Cabela's Library in WV, it cost me $50 for paper work and $25 shipping. Another shop wanted $100 for the same paper work but the point is I payed it.

And any extra charges one can always charge the purchaser whatever that cost may be.

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol so there is no real reason. Man, you're alienating some good folks with money from your sale. This isn't the place for the discussion and I know that. Even though idiots outnumber us by at least 5-1 out here, there are still some great Americans here. Best of luck with the sale on a beatiful rifle.
OK, it's 'put up or shut up' time. If a CA buyer wants this rifle, I'll sell it under these circumstances: The buyer and I have to close the deal; then the buyer shall have his/her FFL email me ASAP a copy of the FFL licence with shipping instructions that incur no added delay or expense to the seller. Does that work for you?

·
Super Moderator
24,016 Posts
This is a good price! I paid a little more for mine on GB (I got lucky) but the rest of the 35 Rem XLRs at the time sold for way more than this!

·
Super Moderator
26,596 Posts
OK, it's 'put up or shut up' time. If a CA buyer wants this rifle, I'll sell it under these circumstances: The buyer and I have to close the deal; then the buyer shall have his/her FFL email me ASAP a copy of the FFL licence with shipping instructions that incur no added delay or expense to the seller. Does that work for you?
Sounds like an equitable remedy to me.

FWIW, this is one of the nicest 35XLR's I have seen sporting an exceptional laminate stock. If I didn't have to pay the IRS so much taxes this one would be MINE!

And I'd have no problem with your conditions to sell it to me in CA.

Jack

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'll shut up now with one more bump for a great rifle. You just opened your listing to a bunch more members. Best of luck with the sale. I just had someone tell me everytime I see that "no CA sales" to question why, because if the firearm is legal to own here there isn't a reason.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'll Take it per our agreement in PM

Reactions: JACKTW

·
Super Moderator
26,596 Posts
Congrats gentlemen. Konnorman, you got a good one!

Thread closed.

Jack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.