Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a Marlin 336CB 38-55 in 95%+ condition. There are a few very small dings in the wood. There is slight bluing wear to the top of the octagonal barrel in one place. It looks like the barrel was rubbed on a gun rack or similar. It is barely noticeable.

This is one of the early rifles with the cut checkering on the stock. It is drilled and tapped for a receiver sight. This rifle has the 24" octagon barrel and straight stock. It is an extremely well balanced rifle, and has very nice figure in the walnut stock. They stopped making these in 2004.

$650 + shipping to your ffl dealer

I do not have the capability of taking or downloading digital photos, but have given an accurate description of the rifle. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's try $600 shipped. These rifles are getting harder and harder to find. This investment can only go one direction....Up.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you still haven't sold it there's a fellow on Leverguns looking for a .38-55.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be away from my computer for the weekend. Any PMs or messages will be answered on Monday.

Thanks,
TBB

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rifle is off the market. Father-in-law bought it and will resell to me some day down the road when funds arent so tight.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Darn good deal Tnbigbore . I hate to see anyone have to sell anything because of needing money. I hope you get it back soon. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I would LOVE to have that gun and would gladly pay your price but I am unable to until late August. But if by any chance it's left then just give me a PM or email and I'll get you a Cashiers Check out so fast it'll make your head spin ! ! ! I just doubt I'm that lucky ! ! !

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I have had the rifle back from my father in law for about a month, and it is back up for sale. It now sports a Williams FP receiver sight for no extra charge. Price is $585 shipped.

I just bought a Ruger 1A 7x57 that I have wanted for a long time, so the 38-55 has to go.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reduced to $570 shipped. This includes a brand new Williams Foolproof receiver sight which is over a $50 value.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts