Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a Marlin 336CB (Cowboy) 30-30 in 99% condition. I do not have the box or paperwork for it. I just acquired a second CB 30-30 so one has to go. This is the model with the 24" ocatagon barrel and straight checkered grip. They were only made for a couple of years in the late 1990s, and are very rare.

The rifle has a major positive and a minor negative. The positive is that this rifle has by far the best wood I have seen on a modern Marlin rifle. I had one 1957 336RC that was better, but not by much. There is excellent figure to the wood, and a good bit of fiddleback. It is just a gorgeous gun period.

The negative is that the lever is not completely flush with the lower tang when closed. It is a minor thing, but I wanted to let any buyer know up front. It is most likely an easy fix, but I have not gotten around to sending it back to Marlin to see. It does not effect the function of the rifle at all. The action is exceptionally smooth, and the trigger is the best I have seen on a factory Marlin period. It is very light and crisp with no creep.

I have not shot the rifle, but the bore is perfect, and there are only a couple of very minor handling marks on the rifle. None are visible unless you look very hard. I am not the original owner of the rifle, but have had it in the safe for a year. It has not seen much shooting, and little if any hunting. The reason I am getting rid of this one instead of the other one, is that this one is too pretty. I do not keep guns that I cannot hunt with. I am keeping the plainer one that I will not feel as guilty about scratching.

The price is $700 + shipping to your ffl in the lower 48

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wanted to make it clear that this is not the rifle mentioned in earlier posts. I am keeping that rifle. This one is a much nicer rifle with 10X better wood.

Reduced to $650 + shipping

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be interested in trades for:

-Marlin 336CB 38-55
-Marlin 336 Marauder 35 Rem
-Marlin 336A 35 Rem 1970s model (not interested in older model with fat forearm)
-possibly Marlin 1895CB 45-70 older model drilled and tapped for receiver sight.
-Ruger #1A light sporter 7x57

1 - 4 of 4 Posts