Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marlin 336A in 32 Special I would like to sell. It has a 24 inch barrell and was made in 1949. This is no collectors item. It only has about 50% of the bluing remaining, and the wood has some scratches and wear. The original buttplate has also been replaced with a new Marlin factory buttplate. The fit is not perfect, but pretty good.

However, the action is rock solid and as smooth as butter. The bore is bright and shiny as well. You can tell this one was carried a lot and shot a little. I have added a new Lyman receiver sight, and removed the old rear sight (will include w/rifle if you like). The rifle feeds and funtions perfectly.

This is an old hunting gun with lots of character. It still has a lot of life left in it, and would make a great deer rifle that you would not mind getting wet or scratching on brush. I recently aquired another gun in the exact same configuration that is a collector, and have to make room in the safe.

I would take $240 + shipping to your ffl. I will ship the rifle in a hard plastic case.

Although I am interested in the cash, I am always open to the right trade as well.

I do not have the capability of taking or downloading digital photos, but have given an accurate and detailed description of the rifle. I will be happy to answer any questions regarding the gun.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Who ever gets that gun will be a happy camper indeed. I have one (1951), and while I pretty much just punch paper with "target" cast hand loads, it is a sweet shooter, very accurate and fun to just "fondle". I ended up putting a Williams 5D sight on it, big help. Its one gun I know I'll have till the end of time. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts