Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S o l d

SPF FOR SALE, My 1970 model 39A CL, 20" octagon barrel. Half cock safety and no rebounding hammer. The bluing is in great condition but the wood has suffered a few shallow gouges & dings. I have tried to capture the bad spots in pics. I have left the old Marlin flat hammer extension in place. There is a slight amount of rust which doesn't seem deep, on the upper inside of the lever. I tried to get clear pics but couldn't. I have additional pics that I can send. The serial number is only 4 digits and begins with No., reading No XXXX. This beauty isn't exactly rare since over 34,000 were produced. But it sure is a nice one. SPF

These 20" barreled carbines feature brass hardware, forend cap and butt plate are brass, along with an oval shaped commemoration brass plate on the buttstock with a round 1870-1970 commemoration disk on the receiver. These brass fittings are in very good condition but need some polishing to return their luster. No box or papers. I do have an owners booklet and will include that

Asking price for this gem of a rifle is $775.00, shipped insured, Priority Mail to destinations in the USA only, where legal of course. My FFL to your FFL. Payment with USPS Money Order only please.

The first picture was taken the day I got the rifle. I stopped at the range to test fire it immediately after buying it and waas surprised with these two 10 shot groups at 25 yds. I have a few more photos. PM your email address for additional pics.

Thanks for looking.

39A, CL, First groups.jpg
7.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have one and they are sweet little rifles.I always get compliments on my Century 39 every time I take it to the range.
I hardly ever see these come up for sale but this is the secound one I have seen for sale today.
GLWS

Reactions: Golphin

·
Premium Member
12,160 Posts
I can't believe it was still around. I see the average 39's in this area for $600 on the low side. You only pay for it once and it want cost you anything after that. I would buy it if I had not bought another a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sir, That is one beautiful rifle...if I were not holding out my money for a V prefix Mountie to go with my V prefix 39A I would be all over it. Now you got me thinking?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sold, paid, and shipped, on its way to the new owner. Thank you all for your interest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.