Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mailbox was full of bad news today. Medical bills are piling in so time to let another one go.
Selling this excellent condition JM Marlin 308 MXLR.
Rifle is a 2007 and is "pre droop", made before 2009 when that issue popped up on some rifles during the Remington takeover.
This one is "straight as an arrow" like it should be. The front sight hood is missing and I do not have a spare. There is no original box.
Bore is mint, stock and forearm perfect, metal finish on receiver 98% with only a few tiny nicks in the surface finish around the ejection port. These are pictured.
When I bought this I was told it only had a few boxes of ammo through it and then it became a safe queen.
I only shot one box through it myself and since then it's been a closet queen.
I will include the one 20rd box of ammo I have left for it, Hornady LeverEvolution 160gr FTX.
Asking $895 shipped and insured to the lower 48.
Gun must ship to FFL, receiving FFL must accept from private seller with copy of my drivers license and your FFL must also have no issue emailing me a copy of their license.
I've had a few tell me they will only send their copy to another FFL.
Payment via postal money order, bank check, or PayPal friends and family option.
First "I'll take it" posted below with a follow up PM gets it.
Some pics below, many more at the photobucket link.
Thank you,
Dave

photobucket link: 308MXLR by Dave Caikauskas | Photobucket

Table Furniture Bumper Wood
Wood Table Furniture
Material property Metal Steel
Trigger

·
Administrator
30,804 Posts
A damn shame you need to part with this beauty, Dave. Great price, I'll be surprised if it lasts the night. These are rare rifles that won't be made again and this ones DOM just happens to be in it's debut year.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was about to say the 3 magic words , but my FFL’s won’t accept from an individual.
Some are like that. No need for it but that's their call. If I walk into their store looking to sell it, they will ask me for my license!
I can ship from my FFL to yours but it would cost another $30.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Definitely worth the extra 30.00 for the buyer IMO. They don't get any better than this, especially for this price. If I wasn't already committed/in process of buying 3 others from M1 right now I'd be in a serious state of contemplation on this one.

·
Super Moderator
5,414 Posts
Definitely worth the extra 30.00 for the buyer IMO. They don't get any better than this, especially for this price. If I wasn't already committed/in process of buying 3 others from M1 right now I'd be in a serious state of contemplation on this one.
You can’t have them all.

·
Administrator
30,804 Posts
I knew it wouldn't last long at that price. Is this a done deal?

Jack

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.