Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD on g.b.

Selling a 1971 – 1894 – 44 Magnum Marlin rifle from my Dad's Collection, so I have no history on it except for past 30 years. This is a hunting rifle and not a “safe queen”. It is completely original except some one put a quick detach swivel stud in the stock. At one time a scope was mounted on it so those filler screws are missing. The gold plated trigger shows use. The saddle ring is in good shape. The mirror like Micro-Groove bore has only one very small (pencil lead diameter) and very light spot about a half inch back from the muzzle. At one time before my Dad purchased this rifle, someone must have done an action and trigger job on it, as the action is much smoother than a stock 1894 and the trigger breaks very clean at four pounds and seven ounces (on a ten pull average using a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge). Wood does have handling marks, but has nice grain and could easily be refinished to like new condition. Some one did notch on the bottom of the stock 5 lines. Sights are original type and front sight still has the brass bead. Barrel stamped JM. Serial Number 71-192888. I actually hunted deer with this rifle when I was younger, so I know it shoots well. Note to Ohio hunters, this rifle can be used to hunt deer in your state, as it is a 44 Magnum. I am offering this fine Marlin at $650.00 shipped and insured in U.S. AS-IS so look at pictures or PM me if you have questions. If your FFL will not accept shipment from an individual, add $15.00 to the price. I am giving the Marlin forum members first chance on this rifle. I will list it here for 1 week and if not sold will put it up on gunbroker.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they are still listed on my post long ago under Dad's Collection, but with farm season starting in Tennessee now, you may have to wait until the snow starts in the fall before I have time to fool with them again - I know - it snowed here yesterday - which is why the 1984 got posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.