Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTS: 1968 Marlin SRC/Texan in 30-30W chambering. Has an AD prefix serial number. Rifle is in good used condtion, not a mint safe queen.
It has some wear, minor nicks, dings and scratches in the metal and wood but nothing big, just honest wear for a gun that was
used but not abused. The bore is perfect, bright and shiny. Action cycles nice and smooth.

It has what appears to be a period correct Bushnell scope and Weaver tip off mount. No expert on Bushnell scopes but I think this one
is probably from the late 60's early 70's. Still has a nice bright picture with duplex style crosshair. It's not "brand new Leupold" bright but defineatley
good enough to hunt with. The old school tip off mount actually works decent so you can still use the iron sights as a backup.
Also pulled the stock off and got pics of the serial number on the upper tang which matches the outer serial number on the trigger guard,
proving this was an original SRC/Texan model and not a home made conversion.

I have not shot this to check if the scope or irons are sighted. It does cycle and eject loaded ammo ok. The wood has an awesome grain/pattern
and would really pop if refinished/oiled. The rear sling swivel is screwed into the eye. No, I didn't do that!
Asking $675 which includes shipping to the lower 48. Payment via postal money order, bank check or PayPal friend/family option.
Rifle must ship to FFL or if buyer has a C&R that is ok. I will not ship on your buddies C&R!
Plenty of pics at the photobucket link below.
First "I'll take it" posted below with follow up PM gets it.
Dave

Photobucket link:
Marlin SRC Texan by Dave Caikauskas | Photobucket

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
895 Posts
Nice Looking Marlin!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts