Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a Marlin 1894P Trapper Ported 44 Mag made in New Haven, CT. If anyone has one they would like to sell, please PM me.

Reactions: Tall Pine

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone even considering selling one? Anyone?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Think I just saw one on gun broker today in fact...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm watching it. I've been watching several on there over the last two weeks. The winning bidders on some of those must have been wanting that model pretty badly as the bids kept getting way beyond what I would have imagined they would have sold for. Great if you're selling one!

Reactions: WVMaddog

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
Those 1894Ps are not cheap. They seem to be going for 700-900 bucks depending on condition online. I had to trade a 35 Rem and 30-30 to get mine---but it was worth it. Good luck in your search.

Reactions: deerhog

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ret_Eng!

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
khough--one thing about the 1894P and other "specialty" Marlins is that they were only produced for a short period of time. I believe the 1894P was made for approximately one year and around 1200 or so were made. That fact drives the prices up due to the limited supply. If you are persistent--one will come your way. But be prepared to shell out a considerable amount of money to get it. Unless--you run into a steal of a deal.

IMGP0072.JPG

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I found mine some fifteen years ago in a little backwoods shop located behind an old dealer's house in his garage. Couldn't believe it when I found it, he had just gotten it in and already thrown the box away.

Didn't matter, $400.00 out the door and it has become my favorite grab and go rifle.

Best of luck to you finding one OP. They are great little shooters.

I added a limbsaver to mine for a little recoil reduction but more importantly to add some LOP to fit my big body and long arms.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congrats. Glad you got it. I was watching too and was thinking of bidding when it was still under 700. But I knew you wanted it more and didnt want to drive up your price. I think you got a nice one at a pretty darn good price. Enjoy it, the trappers are fun little rifles.

Tall

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After several months of looking and waiting, I finally was able to purchase a Marlin 1894P .44 Mag. A winning bid of $755.00 on gunbroker and she's mine! Can't believe I got it for that price and in mint condition too! After seeing countless 1894P's selling for $950.00 and upwards to $1250.00 and in some cases not even in mint condition, I was just very surprised I got it at that price. Time to celebrate and make room in the safe, two Marlin .44 Mags purchased in one day! (Thanks to Horryleverman!)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was able to track down the Seller's shop and I called about it to see if they had any history on it. The owner told me what he knew about it and said he doubted if it had ever been fired and if it had it was very little. He said the action was tight and everything looked to be in pristine condition. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am amazed I got it at that price.
I owe you one!!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats... no pics?

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
The 1894P were produced for 3 years. The 1894cp were produced for 2 years and the 1894s Limted 44 mag (non ported) was produced for one year.

khough--one thing about the 1894P and other "specialty" Marlins is that they were only produced for a short period of time. I believe the 1894P was made for approximately one year and around 1200 or so were made. That fact drives the prices up due to the limited supply. If you are persistent--one will come your way. But be prepared to shell out a considerable amount of money to get it. Unless--you run into a steal of a deal.

View attachment 105756

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.