Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told a friend I'd try to find some of these for his [little used] musket. Pls. PM me also.

Wally

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Have you tried Dixie Gun Work's, Track of the Wolf, or Log Cabin Shop, or Midway? Search .69 caliber bullet mold's and a wealth of info will be displayed. Most have projectile's and mould's.

Alway's wanted to shoot one of the sixtynine's. I must hang out with the wrong people LOL!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Man that brings back some memories :) Back when Indiana started the ML season for anterless a good buddy was without a ML. I had a rifle and a Navy arms 12 gauge SxS. I picked up some .69's for it and loaded it up with 80 grains of 2f, hard card wad and greased fiber wad. Wrapped 2 layers of patching around the ball and rammed her home. Put reloads in a zip lock bag and met him the next morning. Since we had no idea where it would hit he set up in real tight area so shots would be close. Nothing in the AM but we stopped by the junk pile to sight her in. Left barrel was flinched into the dirt, right hit near the rust patch. I reloaded it for him and we had lunch. That evening a huge old doe walked by him and he centered he ribcage. She went about 10 yards and flopped.

Larry Callahan makes old time Bag Molds 636-475-7444 (leave message) or web search bagmolds $50 to $70
Lyman offers a .69 for $89
You will need a BIG pot to run many balls. About 1.3 oz per ball.:)
Watch eBay

Reactions: Pat/Rick

·
Registered
91 Posts
A Lee .690 RB mold is 20 bucks at Midway. I believe they weigh 495 grains. I make them for my 12 gage double barrel and patch them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts