Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
GoingForTwo said:
Looking for one or the other. Thanks!
Well Coach; what are you looking to do with the gun? I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, just trying to ascertain your needs & wants. If just for punching paper; or an occasional brush deer hunt, I say get the 1894 in 44 Mag. This would be especially true if you already have a 44 Mag wheelgun. Ammo is available anywhere; lots of remanufactured stuff at gun shows. If you want a dedicated Bear, Elk, Moose stick then go with the 444; I have one & it really "Lays the Smack Down" on big critters. Realize that factory ammo will be more expensive & far more difficult to find; unless buying on line.

The difference between the two is like 20ga (44 Mag) vs 12ga (444 Marlin®).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just like to add to my collection. I already have a 1894 357 Mag, 30-30, 35 Rem and 375 Winchester. Those are the last two gun I really want. Thanks for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
You first said this:
GoingForTwo said:
Looking for one or the other . Thanks!
Then you said this:
GoingForTwo said:
I would just like to add to my collection. I already have a 1894 357 Mag, 30-30, 35 Rem and 375 Winchester. Those are the last two gun I really want. Thanks for the reply!
Do you want one gun or both & are trying to decide which to buy first? If you only want one then select on criteria based upon my first reply. Otherwise BUY BOTH!

·
Super Moderator
15,896 Posts
GoingForTwo said:
I'm looking for one or the other.
Buy the 444 Marlin®.

G

·
Dawei is right, it all boils down to what you want it for.

There are things you can do with the 444 that are marginal with the 44.

The advantage of the 1894 is smaller size and less weight and a little handier.
It's a great deer gun for close-in, say 60 yards or so.

If you want more push, that's why they made the 444.

I guess you could wildcat that to a 4444, or even a 44444, but for a lot of stuff, 44 is plenty.

:lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I know the difference between the two guns. I just want to know if someoen has one to sell. One or the other! You guys are beating me up :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
1894 44mag

Going for two,I have an 1894 44mag for sale if your interested.
PM Me for the price and particulars.
Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts