Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy some 260 rem brass. I have enough to get me by but I would like some extra. Winchester, Rem, Lapua will do. If you have some extra or have sold your 260 please let me know.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The .260 was never as popular as actual performance would suggest, and brass production is closely tied to demand. For every run of .260, there may be dozens of runs of .243 or even 7-08.

Might be time to punt.

.243 or 7-08 is just 1/2 a mm either side, and could tide you over 'til better times, and sure beats pointing the rifle and yelling bang.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had about 100 peices of new Lapua brass but just felt like it was time to quit worrying about brass availability. I should have 200 peices of new Rem 260 brass at the door in a couple of days. I knew about the 243 and 7x08, they say the 7x08 works just a smidgen better than the 243. I think the 260 is a great little round and like they say its what the 243 shouldn't been. I have developed a love affair with the 6.5 caliber and it all started with a 6.5 Rem Mag years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Much like yourself I'm a 6.5 collector with several variations. Some of my best 260 groups came from winchester 243 necked up. I've never tried 7-08 brass. Shooting mostly lapua now. Would you have any 6.5x57 brass for trade?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have 50 once fired 260 brass along with Redding dies and Sierra bullets. Would like to sell all together but might consider

Send me a pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.