Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag jamming when pulling a bullet from the magazine tube. I think the only fix is to replace the carrier assembly but I can't find any online.
Does anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Have you already replaced the magazine tube spring? I'd do that first and then polish the carrier where the bullet rides when the spring is pushing the bullet onto the carrier. Any difference in working vs. jamming depending on how full the magazine tube is?

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
Member Marlin44shooter had the same problem and came up with a fix... I believe it involved repairing a notch or groove worn into the carrier by welding a piece of hacksaw blade onto the carrier...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
1894 are quite sensitive to cartridge length.
This is exacerbated when the soft metal carrier wears, and the timing changes.

Cowboy shooters send their carriers to gun smiths who mill down the worn part then braze in a flat of hard tool steel at the correct height.
This is the fix for the "Marlin jam" (carrier related).
I am hopeful when Ruger starts producing 1894s this year, that they fix this chronic problem.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A piece of hack saw blade and jbweld fixed my lifter 20 plus years ago and its been good ever since. Research ‘dreaded marlin jam’ for the fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts