Marlin Firearms Forum banner

WOW, shooting from the basement is LOUD !

3K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  Sights 
#1 ·
Just checking out those 2 Marlin 336s I bought this morning. Raining here this afternoon so I decided I would shoot from just inside the basement door without ear protection (I know). Shooting 170gr. sounded like I was firing a cannon. I can just hear my neighbors " wonder what he's up to now".

#14 ·
+1, between Vietnam (gun fire, explosions and flight line engine noise) and being stupid/macho when I was younger, my hearing is just about gone now.....

Reactions: Ret_Eng
#5 ·
WHAT? I cant imagine shooting from a garage with no protection.... YIKES I bet that was loud!!!
At least it wasnt a 45-70......

Doc

#11 ·
Houston...we have a problem...

#17 ·
Yep. Friend of mine says it pretty loud shooting out the bathroom window, too. Not to mention he had to clean up all the dust the blast stirred up before his wife got home :biggrin:

#19 ·
Can you hear me now? :shot:

Reactions: kimber
#20 ·
bassman, I really wish that you'd asked us first before you did that. Many of us, either youthful indiscretion or the unavoidable requirements of combat have experience with shooting in enclosed areas and/or shooting without hearing protection. DON'T DO IT!

#22 ·
Welcome to the former Army Field Artillery club. What? Welcome to the former Army Field Artillery club! Oh--thanks--you didn't have to yell!

#27 ·
"I will be picking up some ear protection soooooooooon."

What, you don't have ANY? Go yea forth and purchase said implement of personal protection equipment BEFORE you pull another trigger. Please for you own sake.
CF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.