Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking out those 2 Marlin 336s I bought this morning. Raining here this afternoon so I decided I would shoot from just inside the basement door without ear protection (I know). Shooting 170gr. sounded like I was firing a cannon. I can just hear my neighbors " wonder what he's up to now".

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I've shot without ear protection a time or two and paying the price for it now!!!

Reactions: COYOTE222

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
WHAT? I cant imagine shooting from a garage with no protection.... YIKES I bet that was loud!!!
At least it wasnt a 45-70......

Doc

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Houston...we have a problem...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I've shot without ear protection a time or two and paying the price for it now!!!
+1, between Vietnam (gun fire, explosions and flight line engine noise) and being stupid/macho when I was younger, my hearing is just about gone now.....

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
I bet y'a won't do that again!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Yep. Friend of mine says it pretty loud shooting out the bathroom window, too. Not to mention he had to clean up all the dust the blast stirred up before his wife got home :biggrin:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I lost the hearing in my right ear in Vietnam and the left ear still rings today. Believe me you want to protect your ears. It suks not being able to hear well.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Can you hear me now? :shot:

Reactions: kimber

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
bassman, I really wish that you'd asked us first before you did that. Many of us, either youthful indiscretion or the unavoidable requirements of combat have experience with shooting in enclosed areas and/or shooting without hearing protection. DON'T DO IT!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts