Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a dealer a handgun for a 1894 I really wanted. This deal was a year and a half or two years ago. Even trade. I new he got the better end of the trade but I got my mint 1894 I really wanted. I have known this guy for years but we never did business, except for the trade. We just talked alot. Well, I saw him today and asked if he had any old lyman or redfield peep sight for my 1952 336sc. He dug through about four boxes and pulled out a old redfield all complete in very good condition even had the 2 mounting screws. He said no charge. What! I could not believe it, he would not take a dime. Hopefully, we will do business again sometime, he said. So, I shook his hand and said thanks. I still can't believe it. So I guess there is hope. I ran home put it on my rifle and just burned through 40 rounds of 35. WOW are those sights ever nice, what a difference. Matt

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its great to see good old fashioned generosity is not dead and buried. I dont know about you guys, but I tend to find people in the firearm world, especially those involved in more traditional guns tend to be very nice, genuine people.

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
He said no charge. What! I could not believe it, he would not take a dime. Hopefully, we will do business again sometime, he said.
Its good to see that there are some folks that are still decent and kind still out there.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Their are fantastic people left in the world and most all are Members here at MO... ;D

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Very true Gunjunkie, very true! :)

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Good Deal :) He knew he got the better part of the last deal, like you said. So he is paying you back a little. He is a smart business man. People buy from people they like..

Oh.. and like the Good Book says.. when you give.. you get back 10 times.

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
Good for you - but you know - what comes around goes around. It's on you now to do something good.

So go out there and be a good person.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
i never gave away anything that big or expensive, but i always carried my odds and ends boxes to shows back when i had a shop. gave away lots of little things and it probably did come back 10 times. feels good too. lee

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is great. Theres always hope in this world

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Matt, I didn't get to the show today, maybe tomorrow.
I have two Redfield receiver sights, and parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's hard for us to learn to not always think with our wallets. However when we see someone who has actually learned that - we sure seem to admire them.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Without a picture, it didn't happen. ;D
Post a picture as soon as you can.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats it! Plumbers top picture is the same sight. Thanks for posting a picture, my computer is acting up. Posting pictures is not happening. Matt

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
That old Redfield receiver sight didnt have a box but had a hand written tag saying, Winchester 94, or Marlin 336. The screw holes are the right spacing, the screws are the right size, but the block that attaches to the receiver has the offset too low.
Not a big deal, I can machine off the offset and it will fit just fine.
Problem now is, I also bought an old Marlin scope, and it sits on my other 336 30-30.

I like the knurled knobs on the Redfield sight on my .32 special. (middle picture)

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Ever watch the movie " Pay It Forward" ? That may have just been what the gentleman at the gun show was doing---I've given away a lot of things and I've also received a lot of things. Wether we like it or not " We are Our Brothers Keeper".

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
obe-wan said:
Its great to see good old fashioned generosity is not dead and buried. I dont know about you guys, but I tend to find people in the firearm world, especially those involved in more traditional guns tend to be very nice, genuine people.

Cheers, Scott.
^^^

What he said.

Catherine

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
Had to drop a $50 bill to get this one. I would do it again. But if I found another like it I would not modify it to fit a 336. It said Win or Marlin on the box. I had to machine .100 off the mount to make it center. I presume it was for a Model 39 Marlin. Sometimes you don't know until after the fact.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts