Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you buy another "X" now that you have one....

Hey, Everyone I just received my very own XL7 30-06 thru davidsons. It does have the new REMLIN barrel and haven't gotten a chance to get out to the range to dial it in. Anyways just as the title indicates...would you buy another X since you have one now. I know we all have pros and cons with the experience between the pre Remlin productions, so what are your reason. I'll leave my opinion out until I get a chance to shot mines but so far fit and finish are on par others I've shot.

Regards

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Re: Would you buy another "X" now that you have one....

I have a 2008 XS7 in .308W and it leaves me wanting more of the X7 rifles!! With a great price, it is very accurate and with Boyds stocks, I have no reason to want any other make of rifle for my needs. .DT

·
Registered
2,943 Posts

yes

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Yes

·
Registered
981 Posts

I have 4 already. ;) If they would come out with a mini "X" gun action or addition chambering, I'd have more. ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts

Yes, if they make a .223 (or a 7.62x25 ;D ) with iron sights.

Reactions: Em336

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

MarlinXL7 said:
Yes, if they make a .223 (or a 7.62x25 ;D ) with iron sights.
Totally agree ;D. I would like to see the x7vh(whenever they them released) in more calibers aslo. I will be range shooting this weekend with my 06. Great to hear that most you are pleased with the rifle. I ask because I feel its just a steal of a deal for a budget rifle(based on you guys review) to not buy another...I'm tempted to treat myself to another for fathers day ;D

·
Banned
1,157 Posts

tazilla said:
I'm tempted to treat myself to another for fathers day ;D
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick........ :D

·
Registered
148 Posts

In a heartbeat. The most difficult thing to do is prioritize the caliber to get net. I'm also always on the hunt for the seller who doesn't realize he ha a diamond in the rough. My personal "most wanted" is a short action with a JM barrel.

·
Banned
373 Posts

They would have to make a couple of improvements before I would purchase another one, it takes more than shooting MOA to make a great rifle. Personally, reliability should be one of the most important aspect of a hunting rifle, if not the most important part.

·
Banned
2,359 Posts

Yes i have two now. ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

karatoula said:
They would have to make a couple of improvements before I would purchase another one, it takes more than shooting MOA to make a great rifle. Personally, reliability should be one of the most important aspect of a hunting rifle, if not the most important part.
I get what your saying but then factor in the price...I do think that in the "X" you get more then what you pay for. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I am very happy with my XL7 30-06 but wouldn't buy another till they offer a 3 position safety and/or a hinged floor plate.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts

I have four of them, but wouldn't buy another sight unseen unless it was from North Haven. I've yet to see a bad one from the old plant. The KY/NY rifle quality seems to be inconsistent, to be nice.

·
Registered
638 Posts

As said I would not purchase another unless it was an older one built by Marlin.

Unless by some remarkable occurrence Remington gets there act together.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Heck yea! I buy another one. I'm so satisflied with the XL7 in 30-06 that I bought lastyear, that I'm seriously considering in buying the new XS7VH in 308. What a great rifle out of the box for the price.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts

I have 3 of em, been lookin for another. They are selling for more used than they were new around here. Had a 22-250 barrel put on one before they came out with the 22-250, have DD redoing another for me as we speak and a 25-06 that may stay that way or may become a switch barrel unit. DP

·
Registered
86 Posts

Only for the action. It makes for a cheap build. Hate the stock, and
don't care for the barrel. The action is sweet, though, and makes
for a good setup for a switch barrel. Should add that my stock is
the tupperware stock......haven't seen their wood stock.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts