Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bullseye is such a unique trademark and I like them. The rifle that I'm thinking about adding one to is a 917V. I stripped the factory finish and I dyed the wood black. I really like the new look and a bullseye would contrast nicely with the black wood. Would it be wrong to put a bullseye in a stock that isn't walnut?

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Would it be wrong? Certainly not. It'd look great and might add to the value of the rifle as well. ;)

Although...the traditionalists might crucify you. :D "A birch-stocked 917V with a bullseye? Sacrilege! Fetch me the pot of boiling oil, brother..." ;D

EDIT: Changed the first sentence a bit as I realized it could be understood wrongly. I think it's a good idea.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I say do it!

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I'm a bit of a purist myself, but I say, it's your rifle, and, if it would make you happy to add a bullseye, then go right ahead and do it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that it would cost Remington, oops I mean Marlin, money to put a bullseye in every rifle, but I think they should. Whenever I walk up to a gun counter that bullseye makes the Marlins stand out. Maybe they could keep the black bullseye in a walnut stock and make one with a red center for birch and laminate stocks. I probably won't go out of my way to buy one, but the next time I see one, or if I can add it to another order, I'm going to pick it up.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
I think it would look cool in a black stock. The purists would hate it, but then, they'd hate the black stock, too. It's your rifle, do what ya want! 8)

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Marlin rifle...bullseye.......made for each other. Do it.

Enjoy your rifle.
Drills
Team 39 - Member #46

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
As long as you don't install a sling swivel through the bullseye ;D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
miatakix said:
As long as you don't install a sling swivel through the bullseye ;D
Acouple of years ago I was showing a friend my 336SS, The sling wasn't attached, but the factory swivel studs were. He turns the gun over, sees the bullseye and proclaims, "look, they even marked where to drill for the sling". You can't make this stuff up, the bullseye is only about an inch from the swivel stud.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i also have an 81DL that has the bullseye, it's in bad shape and i want to replace it. i've heard there's someone on here that sell's them. :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
357 marlin,
You can get a bullseye from Numrich for $3.95, I bought one yesterday

wally

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Centaur 1 said:
Acouple of years ago I was showing a friend my 336SS, The sling wasn't attached, but the factory swivel studs were. He turns the gun over, sees the bullseye and proclaims, "look, they even marked where to drill for the sling". You can't make this stuff up, the bullseye is only about an inch from the swivel stud.
Heh, did you point out that whoever installed the stud must've missed the bullseye? ;D

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts