Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally added a 444 to my collection...for keeps this time. What a great deal I found from a friend who knew I was looking for a nice pre safety 444. He found a 444S with a nice Weaver K-4 installed. I shot it today with some of my old handloads of Remington 240 jhps over 51grains of Re7. shot a nice 3 shot 1-1/8" group after initial lsight in and cooling off period.

*** and THANK you to Lever dude who posted the jam fix about tuning the extractor! Mine wouldnt feed without double clutching the lever and was shaving much brass in the process, I tried the extrator tune...problem solved in under a minute. NICE!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,969 Posts
Yep, your whole again!

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
fine lookin' rifle, congrats

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
finally added a 444 to my collection...for keeps this time. What a great deal I found from a friend who knew I was looking for a nice pre safety 444. He found a 444S with a nice Weaver K-4 installed. I shot it today with some of my old handloads of Remington 240 jhps over 51grains of Re7. shot a nice 3 shot 1-1/8" group after initial lsight in and cooling off period.

*** and THANK you to Lever dude who posted the jam fix about tuning the extractor! Mine wouldnt feed without double clutching the lever and was shaving much brass in the process, I tried the extrator tune...problem solved in under a minute. NICE!
You snagged one fine rifle! :congrats: I've been searching the guns for sale classifieds state wide for a 444 and have had no luck to date. I now realize I should be thankful I've got a Mauser 98 action barreled in 444!

·
Registered
10,597 Posts
Nice looking rifle!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats! Nice rifle... enjoy.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Nice! If for some unforseen reason I had to sell off my guns the 444, and the 35 Rem would be the last two to go. Nice lookin fo fo fo you got there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.