Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, not much activity here, but I thought I'd just post in case anybody happens to check-in occasionally. One of my wool suppliers is from a guy basically working out of his garage that was converted into his "work shop". He keeps busy all year round but still finds time to get out and use his clothing plus listening to other outdoorsmens' ideas on what they think would be ideal for their activities.

Nothing is inexpensive when you basically purchase "custom" products but his items are very reasonable for those having a "need" for such items. Here's his website: https://empirecanvasworks.com/wool/

I have his Camp Coat and Grey Fox Pull Over. Both of these items are great in the Fall, Winter and early Spring months in the North Country. You can see they are designed for the outdoorsmen who venture by ski's, snowshoes or those who just "walk-in". For those who just like wool for their outer garment but aren't necessarily thrilled about winter camping or getting back into and fishing frozen over lakes, that are inaccessible any other time of the year, will find both the Camp Coat and Grey Fox to serve their needs for both warmth and functionality. Now for the late fall hunter, who spends time in a tent and enjoys a campfire, either one of these garments will provide the stealth, warmth, proper soft coloration and accessible pockets containing your "necessary" carry items to make you one happy camper/hunter if the weather decides to turn on your sick arse.:biggrin:

Hope this was a helpful post to someone and NO, I don't work for Empire nor do I get any discounts or special treatment from the Company. I met Kevin once and found him to be very personal and a person who will share his knowledge & experience freely with a stranger.

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
but you do live in cold country....you otta know....I'll look in on his site - I have a wool coat that I wouldn't trade for.... I like wool...

read a write up on wool and oil skins like the Vikings wore - they stayed as warm as people wearing todays hi tech clothes - just bulkier -

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
:dito: - ^^^ THIS ^^^ - :dito:

- Easily!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This forum section does have life! Nothing your size? Must be a bruiser then. His internet size chart is for "normal sized" individuals from small statue to 6'3-250# boys but if you call and order from him, he'll send this for the sizing chart: Chest Size, Shoulder Width, Neck Size, Hip Size, Waist (belly) Size and Arm Length along with a diagram as how to take measurements.:) My "normal" size is XXL but with his clothing, the XL fit perfect, with perfect being a tad on the large size.

Unless you have deep pockets, purchasing one item per year for yourself is my method of acquiring "specialty" outdoor "stuff" and by time you're 60YOA you'll need more closet space than the War Department and all her shoes.:) At least in my opinion that should be every man's goal with the realization that's it probably an impossibility.

Here's a neat site: III.1: INUIT CLOTHING/SHELTER 1. Winter Clothing ~ People of the Arctic by John Tyman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.