Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking in pawn shops for months probably close to a year trying to find a.35 and no ody had one I would always ask the clerk if they have any and there answer would almost always be we had one theyusually go within the first day or two after we get them!!!I alwYs tell them I know I have been trying to condone and can't find them nowhere everybody that has themloves them and don't want toget ridof them!!!
Well on my way to work I stopped by a pawnshop that is just a few miles down the road from my work he always has a good bit of Marlins so I decided to go in and see what he had!!of course I wasn't disappointed he had a pretty good selection!!!the guy that works there is also the owner real nice fella i walk in and he asked me if he could help me and I told him I was just lookin he said well come on behindthe counter and look al you want!!!Well low and behold sittin in the corner of the gun rack was a model 336 .35 it had 330 on the price tag.I didn't have the money to buy it but I did put it in layaway he toldme he had just got it!!!I toldhim he didn't have that one no more you can put my name on it!!!The stock needs to be refinished and the bluing had a little wear on it but no rust!!!I'm excited as all get out I finally got a .35!!He also had a 1894c .44 mag I might have to get that one too!!

·
Super Moderator
15,825 Posts
Congrats Cajun!! I myself found a 35, 2 days ago for $299.99 see it here: http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,89632.0.html
Looking forward to getting a box or two of ammo and then start reloading for her, already had the .35 dies from Herters, they came with the old set I bought. Looking to see yours. Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Congrats on finding a .35 Remington, Cajun. They're the cat's pajamas. I really love that chambering.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Congratulations on the new 35. I have two of them and love them. They are a lot of fun reloading and casting your own bullets. Get the Ranch Dog 190 grain mold and the RCBS 200 gr mold and have fun.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I really appreciate it have been looking for a longtime to find a .35 and I guess the Marlin Gods were smiling down on me today!! The pawn store owner told me he had just got it I didn't even look to see the serial # to age it the barrel says 336 with no letter so im thinking it's the same thing as a C model and I don't think it has the safety on it I was so excited about finding it I didn't think to look ;D!!!Also I forgot it has an old Simmons 3x9 scope and see thru rings which both the rings and scope will be coming off!!!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Like Brian, I really like that caliber. I have three of them rascals including a 1951 336A, a 1961 SC, and a 1980 C. Congratulations!

bjm

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob58 said:
Be sure to join Team 35!
Already a member Team .35 #14

Brian in Fl. And Halwg were gracious enough to let me become a member before I actually got one but sometime in the near future I will make it official when I have this one in hand!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The 35 rem is worth the wait. I looked for months for a used 35 rem and finally gave up and ordered a new one and still had to wait for a month or two for them to be in stock. That was over 7 years ago. My 336c in 35 rem would be the last gun to go if I ever had to let them go. They are just fun to shoot and hunt with.

Make sure to get some pics up when you get it home.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jbadams66 said:
The 35 rem is worth the wait. I looked for months for a used 35 rem and finally gave up and ordered a new one and still had to wait for a month or two for them to be in stock. That was over 7 years ago. My 336c in 35 rem would be the last gun to go if I ever had to let them go. They are just fun to shoot and hunt with.

Make sure to get some pics up when you get it home.
Will definitely get pics up when I get it!!!yea I can't wait till this winter to slam a swamp donkey with a 200 grain core lokt!!!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Yer gonna really like that 35. Gotta be one of the most under-rated cartridages still out there. Kills game way out of proportion according to the paper stats. I have 2 Marlins and a T/C barrel for the 35. Even in the light Contender, the recoil is not abusive. Enjoy your new Marlin family addition. DP

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Cajun said:
Will definitely get pics up when I get it!!!yea I can't wait till this winter to slam a swamp donkey with a 200 grain core lokt!!!
They make big holes ;D

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Swamp Donkey?? ??? DP

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
Dunno why he had so much trouble finding a .35. There is always at least one at local shop and last time I went in there couple weeks ago they had 3 and all in decent condition. If anybody is interested in something they never have an issue with me taking detail pictures and serial number range to send to folks. They are FFL dealer and do a lot of out of state business. (North Carolina). Great dealer, very fair prices, and very trusted by all around here. Where I have bought most of my rifles and handguns.

GB45

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
cacun congrats on your new purchase i know that 35 has been a long time comming for ya from what i have read i think you are really going to like it. :D the only thing you might want consider is reloading for this cal. as you probably already know. glad you finally got one and good luck with er and we will need pics when your are finished the project . :) :)

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dch said:
cacun congrats on your new purchase i know that 35 has been a long time comming for ya from what i have read i think you are really going to like it. :D the only thing you might want consider is reloading for this cal. as you probably already know. glad you finally got one and good luck with er and we will need pics when your are finished the project . :) :)
Thank you dch and to all the others!!! Yes it has definitely been a long time coming I guess the Marlin Gods were smiling down on me that day ;D!!I will definitely get pics up when I get it!! It might take me a bit to get it as a I have 4 rifles in layaway right now!!

Yes I have a sickness I know but I can't help it I do not want a cure for it either!!

I currently have in layaway a Marlin Model 60,Marlin 25n,model 336 .35 Remington,and a S&W M&P 15!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts