Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still working on posting pic :)
I made this chair out of black locust I fell the tree seasoned the wood and had to make something.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Segmented wood turning

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
That's pretty woodwork -- GOOD JOB! John

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I've worked some with locust.....my hat's off to you. That chair should be good for at least 500 years.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's durable wood. Makes a excellent fence post in wet Oregon soil. We dug a post up 25+ yrs and it was still solid except 1" of what was under ground. When it season out you cant drive a nail in it if you drill a hole ;D

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
The bowls are beautifully executed, but the chair looks more like something I'd make. I bet it weighs a ton! :D

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heavy chairs don't move papajohn ;D

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi mate that is stunning, just stunning. beautiful work my friend. It is so unique,I have not seen a chair before with training wheels. ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
moofy07 if you look at side of chair there are 2 levers. Upper 1 reclines the back,2nd one is spring loaded like the 96 Mauser bolt except you lift handle bolt pushes against the wheel now you grab wheel to rotate leg rest in 1 of 2 positions. The chair was a blast to build.
The bowls well fun yes but the blocks on the yellow bowl .5 blocks with 5 kinds of wood took 10 hrs to cut and glue together. :)

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi Mate,
My family love your work too, they though the bowls were exquisite, 8) again great stuff. Makes me want to rush out to the shed, grab a big hunk of round post wood and work like crazy to make a piece of 4x2 ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys I worked to long on them to sell them ;D

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
NICE WOOD WORKING :eek: WOW!!
The bowls are wonderful pieces of art work there !!.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
You do nice work. 8) 8) 8)

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guy's them bowls are a challenge :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts